PDA

View Full Version : Who has the Combi Cosmo EX stroller?

jennpetersen
10-05-2006, 08:30 PM
I just registered for it along with the car seat and just want to get some opinions... I'm still not absolutely sure about it. Thanks.

Maria K
10-06-2006, 09:43 AM
I have the City Savvy Select and LOVE it! I love how it's so compact and light. Actually I got the all-weather version which came with the travel bag, rain cover and winter boot.
I originally got the one you regsitered for but found the handle to be too low (I'm 5'6"). The Savvy Select has a slighty higher handle (I actually wish it was a smidge even higher). It's a little harder to find, but IMO worth the effort.
I can't speak about the car seat, but if I did it again I'd seriously look at it to make a "system" out of the stroller and not get the SnapNGo, like a did, which is very bulky.
- Maria

AddiesMom
10-07-2006, 05:12 AM
I have the Cosmo DX which is practically identical to the EX (1.5 pounds difference, same features). If you are tall don't get it. I am 5'9 and use this as my 'travel stroller'. It is OK for travel but not for everyday use if you are tall. I do love it for flying since it folds very small, has a carrying strap and has larger wheels. For everyday I have a Maclaren and the steering is better than the Cosmo, even my husband noticed a difference on our vacation last month. If the airline ever destroys my Cosmo I will replace it with another Mac.

One thing I really hate about the Cosmo is it has a small bar that goes right through the middle of the basket, so it is only good for small things like little coats and blankets. Also, overall the stroller seems very narrow. Right now DD is 20 pounds and I can't imagine a large toddler fitting into it comfortably.

I did use a Combi Flash stroller frame with my car seat (Britax Comapnion) and that was a life saver. Folds small, very light... best $50 I spent. I liked using the stroller frame with the car seat and then switching to another stroller later that I didn't have to worry if it fit a car seat or not.