PDA

View Full Version : Need help with a stroller dilema???

vickimaggie
10-06-2006, 04:35 PM
I work 2 days a week and on those days my Mom watches my 2yo DD. She and I both go on long walks each day with DD so I end up toting my Jeep Liberty All Terrain back and forth to her house so we can both use it. This is getting old. I'm sick of dragging it to her house and we're going to start TTC soon so I don't think I'm going to want to be lifting it all the time while I'm pg because its really heavy.

So I've been thinking that maybe I should buy another stroller so I can leave one at her hosue and keep one here. I already have an Inglesina Zippy that I never use (we only use the stroller for long walks - never indoors) but it just isn't a great outdoor stroller, has no cup holder, etc.

Should I buy a double jogger now since I'll likely have a newborn next year and will need one anyway? If so what is a good jogging type stroller (neither of us actually jog, just power walk) for a 3 year old and a newborn? It must have a swivel front wheel. I want something that can hold DD until she is at least 4 or so years old. Is there anything out there that has speakers like the Jeep Liberty? DD won't sit in the stroller without the music so if not I'll be buying her an IPOD LOL! I'm actually not kidding there;) I know I'll likely have to buy an IPOD but just thought I'd ask. Anyone have any suggestions on what type of IPOD or CD player to get or any creative solutions for getting music into your stroller?

Would the Phil and Ted's E3 be a good solution to my problem, it could be a single now and a double later? Do kids usually like sitting underneath?? It doesn't look like much fun to me, KWIM? Or how about the MBUD, would it work until DD is 4+ years old (she's average size?) Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. I really just have no idea what I want to do so I thought this might be a good place to start. Thanks so much.

Joolsplus2
10-06-2006, 06:23 PM
If Aly's a spunky girl, she might like a Swiss Strolli Rider instead of riding in a stroller http://www.healthchecksystems.com/swiss_strolli_rider.htm
I think you could put the baby behind her in the E3 for the first year or so and that'd be a happy thing for both kiddos. I have a Mountain Buggy and can't rave enough about it, the double is great too.

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

vickimaggie
10-07-2006, 06:13 PM
Thanks Julie! That thing is so cool!!! I've bookmarked it, it may come in really handy when she gets a little older. And spunky fits her to a tee;)

I'm still tossing ideas around, now I'm debating whether I should maybe just buy another Jeep Liberty or maybe a Quinny 4XL. Oh decisions decisions:)