PDA

View Full Version : Tips for flying with a jog stroller?

MarisaSF
10-08-2006, 09:48 PM
We've only ever flown with our Mac Quest and have always gate checked it. Next week, we are traveling and think our BOB Revolution would be a better stroller for our trip. We don't need it to the gate.

Anyone have tips for checking a jog stroller? Will the airlines even allow it? Would it be better to bring it to the gate? (I'd rather check it at the front of the airport.)

I suppose I should put the front wheel in my suitcase?

TIA for any tips!

bubbaray
10-11-2006, 10:34 PM
I wouldn't travel with my BOB Revolution. Its too bulky and d/n have a locking fold.

If you really need to take it, what about taking it to the gate and bubble wrapping it?? If you check it in at the airport, maybe use the original box??

Melissa

DD#1: 04/2004

http://bd.lilypie.com/SasRm7.png

Susann
10-12-2006, 06:44 PM
I took my Revolution to Hawaii and checked it with the luggage. The checking people gave me two heavy duty plastic bags for it. It came back like it never had been on board - flawless. I didn't take anything apart, just folded it.

If you have time to get a hold on a BOB travelbag, it might be worth the investment, esp. if you're planning to travel a lot. The check in desks run out of the plasticbags occassionally.

It was sooo nice to have the Rev in our destination. I highly recommend taking it.

Have a safe trip

Susann

MarisaSF
10-13-2006, 11:55 AM
Thanks, Susann!
I didn't think those plastic bags would fit around it. I'll try that first. If they can't do that, I'll gate check it. As my friend pointed out, the Rev isn't bigger than a double Graco and she had recently seen a BOB Ironman going to the gate.

I had no idea BOB made a travelbag. Too late now as my flight's tomorrow, but maybe for next time.