PDA

View Full Version : What's the best double for a newborn and 2.5 yr old???

ilovelily
10-09-2006, 10:32 AM
I am in search of a do it all double! I know it does not exist but I would like something that will be good for malling as well as outdoor walks to the park. Since DS is only 3 months old, something with a car seat attachement would be helpful.

The singles I currently own are the P3, snap and go, mac quest, and Jeep all-terrain stroller (which has been a great single for the $$)

Any advice is greatly appreciated!!!

Michelle

Mom to Lily and Will

ilovelily
10-10-2006, 01:08 PM
bump

craftysierra
10-10-2006, 01:26 PM
I have a Valco and while it is big my Son is stubborn and would not sit in the mac doubles I tried him in. He will sit happily in the valco. So my advice would be take the 2 1/2 yr old shopping for strollers with you.

Sierra

ilovelily
10-10-2006, 05:20 PM
very good point! I originally bought a sit n stand b/c my daughter loved the back seat!!! But it was just too beastly for me, what a monster!

AGroversMom
10-10-2006, 06:09 PM
We have the Jane Powertwin and like it a lot. I like that it is a tandem and it handles city streets very well and collapses pretty small.

gatorsmom
10-10-2006, 07:36 PM
I used a MBUD with my newborn and 2 year old. My kids are now 3.5 and 1.5 and we still love it. It's big to fold and difficult to lift (I pop a wheelie with it and roll it into the back of my minivan which works great for us) so if you have a small car, it won't work as well. You can purchase the additional car seat attachement to use with infant seats(accommodates Graco and Peg Perego) and that works really well too. That, in fact, was a nice option because it popped on and off the stroller fairly easily. It's a SBS but the only doorways it doesn't fit through are restroom stall doors and dressing room doors, however, it fits through the handicapped stall and dressing rooms fine. It steers like a dream (you can be carrying the baby on your hip, load his seat down with bags and still push it one- handed) and of course is great for walking outside and off-road.

HTH!

ilovelily
10-10-2006, 09:03 PM
Thanks for the info! Do you use the MBUD for malling?

ilovelily
10-10-2006, 09:05 PM
Do you use the Jane as a "do-it-all" stroller? Do you mall with it and take walks outdoors?

craftysierra
10-11-2006, 12:31 AM
I use my Valco for mall and outdoors I love how it handles. It does fit in my civic trunk wwith the back wheels removed and is great to push.

Sierra

AGroversMom
10-11-2006, 11:03 AM
my Jane is my only double... and I use it for everything if I have both boys.

gatorsmom
10-11-2006, 04:06 PM
I do use it for malling. I just got back from the Mall of America with it. I will say, however, that it doesn't fit everywhere and through narrow aisles well. But it can fit where a wheelchair can fit and most stores have to accomodate wheelchairs, so I can usually get around ok between the racks of clothes.

theMama
10-11-2006, 10:57 PM
I'm getting a P&T E3 for my 2.5 year old & new infant. I like that it's narrow like a single (for malling), but that it's also all-terrain for the outdoors. You can put a carseat in it but only in the "singles" mode. I have friends that never use their double stroller for their 3-year olds & up, so I didn't want to invest in a "can-only-be-a-double-stroller". Like you, I wanted one stroller that could almost do everything. We still have our lightweight umbrella single for traveling. But it looks like you already have several single strollers & a regular double like the ones mentioned in previous posts might be a good fit for you.

Dette
http://b3.lilypie.com/i3lBm5/.png[/img][/url]
http://bd.lilypie.com/Ieygm5.png[/img][/link]