PDA

View Full Version : Need double stroller - Maclaren vs Inglesina?

MicheleS
10-10-2006, 10:48 AM
Calling all stroller experts!

DD#1 is 3yo and DD#2 is 9mo. First bought P3 when DD#1 was born, which we loved - easy to steer, very comfortable, sturdy, etc. Intended to use foot board for DD#1 when #2 was born. DD#1 hates it and won't use it!

My hubby and I work F/T and would only need a double stroller for walks on the weekend or evenings and for mall trips, etc. Looking for lightweight umbrella stroller that can recline enough for naps. Cost is not much of a factor. A tray/cup holder would be nice but not necessary.

Have read several threads about the Twin Swift and it seems to be a great choice (especially since it has the 3rd handle) but I wonder how comfortable it is and I can't find a local retailer (CT) that carries it so I can see it IRL.

Any thoughts? Anyone have a twin stroller that they like better?
Thanks for your help!

ilovelily
10-10-2006, 01:02 PM
I am also in need of a good double! If anyone has some input let me know! DD is 2 (but very tall, 38"), and DS is 3 mos. I heard the Swift is better for tall children but I also can't find a local retailer. I will let you know if I hear anything, I have a post as well!!

Michelle

Mom to Lily and William

mom2jacknkatie
10-12-2006, 03:23 PM
I have a Twin Swift and like it a lot. I got it specifically to take on our trip to WDW and it worked out really well for us. Both my DDs--2 1/2 yrs and 8 mos--were able to nap comfortably. Even my almost 5 yr old DS, who's clearly way too big for it at 50 lbs and 44 in, snoozed in it a few times.

I wasn't able to check it out IRL either before I bought it since I couldn't find it in any store. But if you're in the Chicago area, I saw a customer test driving one a couple of weeks ago at the Galt Baby store in Northbrook Court. I had actually called this store before my purchase and was told they didn't carry it. When I asked the clerk about it, she said they had it buried in their back room. So it wouldn't hurt to ask the store to double check just to be sure. I HTH someone.

BTW the middle handle is a real plus for me. I found myself reaching for it more times than I thought I would. I considered the Mac only because I would have loved the Fleur pattern for my DDs, but the third handle and the price of the Twin Swift sold me on it.

dscollier3
10-13-2006, 01:24 AM
I have to second that last post. I got the Twin Swift for some airline travel that I was doing solo with both kids. It included late evening flights and all day trips while we were away. I originally got the Maclaren Twin Techno and tried it out for an hour only to decide that it wasn't going to work for us. I missed the middle handle and I found that the stroller didn't push well when my 40lb 5yo was in it. He's not a primary rider, but for the evening airport travel, I knew from experience he'd be tired and need a seat.

I ended up getting the Twin Swift to take with us and it worked really well. It pushed better than the Twin Techno and I found myself reaching for the middle handle tons of times. When we did all day trips with the stroller, my 2yo DD and my 18mo nephew were the main riders and it worked perfectly. They both slept easily in it, the recline is great. So, the Twin Swift stays, and goes on one more trip before we might sell it. The still-brand-new Twin Techno goes to it's new owner this Saturday, via Craigslist. I'm sure it's a great stroller with younger riders, it's just not for us.

HTH, Sharon

ilovelily
10-13-2006, 08:54 AM
I tried the Twin Swift and Twin Techno yesterday with my very tall 2 yr old. I definatly like the middle handle on the swift and it did feel easier to push. The only thing I did not like is that the canopy snapped off the sides and stuck out every time I closed it! The guy in the store said it was normal and a design flaw on Inglesina's part.

The one plus of the Mac TT was the leg extender. I think it may be useful since I have a 3 mos old. Do you think it's necessary? Has anyone else had the canopy problem with the Twin Swift??

I have a chance to purchase the new Twin Swift in blue on ebay for $130. I know it's a good deal, but is it the right stroller??