PDA

View Full Version : Maclaren Easy Traveller vs. Kolcraft Universal Carseat Carrier

youngs97
10-12-2006, 08:48 AM
With DD #1 I had the Kolcraft. I gave it away to a friend when we were done. DD# 2 is here and I miss it. The only one locally I can find is the Maclaren easy traveller. I loved the huge basket and the drink holders on the Kolcraft. How does the maclaren compare? I know the steering is probably excellent on the mac, but I don't use it as her main stroller. Just wondering if anyone has used it or what your thoughts are.

Thanks!

bensmom243
10-12-2006, 10:19 AM
We had a Kolcraft with #2, and now with #3 we have the Maclaren. I really like the Maclaren, but I am not sure it is worth the money. The steering is great, but I felt it was fine on the Kolcraft as well. I needed a narrow umbrella fold to fit behind the 3rd row of our SUV, that is the ONLY reason I got the Maclaren. I miss the cupholder/large accessible basket, I say save the extra $50 and get the Kolcraft.

youngs97
10-12-2006, 02:16 PM
Thanks so much...just what I wanted to know!

mariza
10-12-2006, 07:25 PM
Just to confuse you more, I have and really like the Combi Strolee Streak. It folds compact and my Graco Safeseat clicks right in. It was only $29 at Target.com
The basket is pretty small and there is no cupholder, but I just use my "Carry You" Demi-Milan to hold drinks and my keys.
For me, I use the travel system so infrequesntly, it didn't make sense to spend even $50 on the Kolcraft. As a matter of fact, I never had one with DC #1 and never missed it, but now that I have a 21 month old and a one month old, it does come in handy for trips to the pedi with the baby.

Mariza
Mommy to my "Thing 1" DD 1/05
and "Thing 2" DS 9/06

MNmomtobe
10-12-2006, 10:05 PM
We have the Easy Traveller and LOVE it! It has been awesome. The steering is so smooth. Like buttah. However, if it won't get much use then I agree with the pp about not spending the extra cash. It does come with a small cupholder but I am using a Valco one on it which is much better. The basket underneath is gigantic and have no trouble putting things in from the front. I have gone grocery shopping with it- for smaller trips that is! :)

Mommy Of A Little Angel
10-16-2006, 10:24 AM
I LOVED my east traveller. It turned awesome and folded soooo small. I bought it from Target and got it for $81 (used 10% off coupon) and free shipping. I used it a few months and sold it for $70 on CL. Not much money wasted at all!!!!

youngs97
10-16-2006, 02:59 PM
Thanks for the replies! A specialty shop in town has the easy traveller on clearance for $69. How accessible is the basket when the carseat is installed on the stroller? It looks like it would be hard to get to. I also wonder how much I'd miss the beverage holder/tray. I'd have to order the kolcraft online. Once I pay taxes/shipping on it, the price difference would be minimal. I just know how much I LOVED my kolcraft!! I wonder if I'd regret it??? Thanks again for your help!!!

Stephanie

MNmomtobe
10-16-2006, 04:42 PM
Hi. I was just going to post that the Easy Traveller is on sale at Specialtybaby.com for $69 but looks like you found just as good a deal without having to wait for it to be shipped!
I haven't had difficulty accessing the basket from the front. But FYI there are (I think) three adjustable settings for the infant seat. I suppose accessibility to the basket would depend upon which high, middle, or low setting was used. I don't know if the settings would correspond to level of incline one would want in the infant seat or if it would correlate with type of infant seat. I think ours is at the highest setting. Yesterday I put a 12 pack box of soda and a jumbo sized package of diapers in the basket and had room for other stuff and had no trouble getting stuff out. If the stuff is very large or oddly shaped, I do lift up the infant seat, put the stuff in the basket and then set the infant seat back down. The Graco Snugride just clicks into place. Don't know about other brands of infant seats.

ETA: Sorry it was kiwi-kid.com that has the Easy Traveller for $69. I believe shipping is included.

Mommy Of A Little Angel
10-16-2006, 09:36 PM
The basket underneath the easy traveller is quite large and it is accessible. Though, as the PP said, sometime you do need to lift the car seat out. The three settings are for different seats. We had ours in the middle. I guess since none of my stollers have a beverage tray I didn't really miss it. You can always add the Valco ones. I have those, but I haven't actually put them on a stroller yet. Of course, every time I am out I am kicking myself for not!