PDA

View Full Version : Review of my 2006 Zooper Tango

mariza
10-12-2006, 07:52 PM
Wanted to post a quick review because after eyeing this for so long and not finding much info, I wanted to let others know how much I love my Tango!
I use it with my 21 month old and my 1 month old (used it since he was 1 week old). It steers like a dream and the ride is really smooth regardless of the surface. We've had it at the mall, the zoo and the playground (over grass and wood chips) and there were no problems.
The seats are very plush and comfy with a full (completely flat) recline for both seats. The basket is big and roomy and there is a huge pocket on the back of the hood for extra storage.
I was nervous about getting through doorways, but I have yet to meet a doorway that gave me trouble. I bought it at a small local baby shop with standard doors and tested it in the door before leaving the store, there was no problem at all. I've since used it in doors at the mall, the cleaners and the pediatrician's office and never had an issue.
Things I love: Plush fabric, easily wipes away spills (my brother spilled beer on it at a picnic and it just wiped right off!)
Plenty of room for both kids, lots of extra's for the price, big wheels that can handle outdoor terrain (they are plastic though, so it's not a true all-terrain) but it works for my walks.
Very easy to fold, folds flat, stands alone and decent weight for a double.

Things I wish I could change: No adjustable leg rest, but this is not a big issue for me since DD likes to ride with her legs over the napper bar.
The harness. There's nothing wrong with it, it's that I've been spoiled by the floating harness on my P3 which I love, but since only Pegs have this I have to deal with the regular kind. It is big when folded, so it's not something for small cars, but fits great in the back of my mini-van. I put it on it's side and I can still get groceries in.

Thant's all I can think of right now, any questions feel free to ask.
BTW, I purchased at Wild Child in Arlington, MA they were really nice and patient as I tried every double they had in the store. If you are in the Boston area, I recommend visisting the store.

Mariza
Mommy to my "Thing 1" DD 1/05
and "Thing 2" DS 9/06

skipspin
10-13-2006, 04:46 PM
Thanks for the review. If I ever have twins, I think this is exactly what I would want! LOL. Maybe if I had two kids really close together.