PDA

View Full Version : Mac TwinTechno vs. Inglesina Swift Twin

ilovelily
10-13-2006, 09:06 AM
I tried the Twin Swift and Twin Techno yesterday with my very tall 2 yr old. I definatly like the middle handle on the swift and it did feel easier to push. The only thing I did not like is that the canopy snapped off the sides and stuck out every time I closed it! The guy in the store said it was normal and a design flaw on Inglesina's part.

The one plus of the Mac TT was the leg extender. I think it may be useful since I have a 3 mos old. Do you think it's necessary? Has anyone else had the canopy problem with the Twin Swift??

I have a chance to purchase the new Twin Swift in blue on ebay for $130. I know it's a good deal, but is it the right stroller??

JustMare
10-13-2006, 06:37 PM
I'm going with the Twin Techno. I have a single Techno that I love. I find the leg extender is a must with an infant. I used it all the time.

A friend of mine went through 4 single Swift strollers. She wore out the wheels twice (we live in NYC and walk everywhere) then as her son got older, he broke the footrest twice. It snapped right off. She loved the stroller (as you can see she bought 4 of them) but it's just not made as well as a Maclaren. The footrests are bolted on differently on the Maclaren and with a tall 2 year old you might want to look at that and compare.

I personally own two Maclarens (Techno and Quest) and think they not only steer wonderfuly, but can really take abuse.

If you can hold out until the end of November, the 2006 models will go on sale as the 2007s plan to hit store in December.

Hope that helps,
Mare

ilovelily
10-13-2006, 06:48 PM
Thanks for the info! The TT did seem to be more "sturdy". I have a Mac Quest and like it too, except that it's too tippy. You probably don't have that problem with the double since it's much heavier.

JustMare
10-13-2006, 07:27 PM
Oh no, I do have a love/hate relationship with the Quest. I HATE how tippy it can be, but love how compact it is. It's great for travel, but not an everyday stroller for me.

Mare

ilovelily
10-14-2006, 08:34 AM
but is the TT tippy??

vic74
10-15-2006, 01:19 AM
I have a 2005 Twin Swift, and I really like it. I don't really have any problems with my canopy popping off. It has come off a few times when I closed the stroller, but only a handful of times. And it never completely came off, just one side came loose.

As far as the leg extender, I think it's more of a personal preference. I don't mind not having it, but I haven't had a stroller that has one. The Twin Swift has more angled and deeper seats than the Twin Techno, so I think not having the leg extender is not that big of a deal. I started using my Twin Swift when my youngest was 4 months old, and at that age she was still small enough her legs didn't hang over the edge. It took a while before they did and she never seemed to be uncomfortable.

HTH

Vicki

dscollier3
10-15-2006, 06:52 PM
Hmmm, I have had the Twin Swift canopy pop off on the sides once or twice, but definitely not every time, so I think the sales guy is overstating that one. It could have been designed more securely, but it works. As far as the leg extender on the Mac TT, I originally thought that was a critical difference in favor of the Mac. Having now owned both of them, the real difference I noticed is that the seat on the Mac is pretty flat, and the seat on the Twin Swift is angled back slightly. I don't like the look of a small child in a Mac without an extended legrest, their legs look uncomfortable. In the Twin Swift though, it works differently, presumably because of the seat angle. I just sold the Twin Techno after using for one hour. The Twin Swift is the one that we took on vacation and were very happy with it.

HTH, Sharon