PDA

View Full Version : BOB Revolution vs SUS... help please!

melissaea
10-15-2006, 10:18 PM
My husband and I can't seem to get together on this one.... He jogs and wants a real "jogging stroller" - will use it on-road 3-6 days per week jogging (depends on how often he actually TAKES the baby with him jogging... so I DO want him to LOVE the stroller and be comfortable with it!).

We will also use it to walk on the beach probably every weekend (we live at the beach), and off-road hiking/walking. The roads around here are VERY bumpy as well, so I envision we will use this jogger all the time actually.

I love the pivoting wheel. It just seems so easy to navigate around turns and on windy trails. DH thinks its "ok" but wants the better tires on the SUS. Also, his interest is running, so he feels like he'll never use the pivit wheel feature.

I just can't decide. I have used a "cheap" jogger that did not have a pivoting front wheel and found it to be annoying. My husband thinks the small 12" wheel on the Revolution will be a pain to go over sticks and rocks when we really are off-road.

We live in Santa Cruz, so we seriously WILL be taking this stoller into the woods and on the beach weekly, and need it to function for this purpose.

Sorry so long, but anyone with complaints, comments, analysis of our situation and willing to offer opinions?

bubbaray
10-15-2006, 10:29 PM
IMO, for what you describe, you'll want a fixed wheel jogger. The larger the wheels, the better.

For sand, trails and jogging, a fixed wheel of at least 16" is best. I have Chariot fixed wheel jogger and it is definitely better on sand, trails and jogging than either my BOB Revolution or my MBUS.

Also, is the baby born yet? If so, how old is s/he?? Most dr's don't recommend jogging with a baby until 12m.

Personally, I'd get both. I really love my BOB Revolution, just not as much as a fixed wheel for what you describe. I use it for most everything else (except quick errands, I have other strollers for that).

HTH

Melissa

DD#1: 04/2004

http://bd.lilypie.com/SasRm7.png

BayAreaMom
10-16-2006, 01:03 PM
First off, you're definately going to be happy with the BOB. They are the BEST all-terrain strollers hands down! You will love it.

I own both the Revolution and SUS- so i'll weigh in. I haven't used either for running b/c my daughter is only 6.5 months, but i've tried them both out running down the street without her to get a feel for how they handle and i did a lot of research talking to runners who use BOBs before i bought them.

I bought the SUS first- great for off-road use b/c of the big mtn bike-like tires. I'd say if your hubby is a serious off-road runner, he's best off with the SUS because of its larger wheels and fixed wheel- as well as the hand brake. We keep our SUS at our vacation home in Tahoe and have used it on the sand beaches there- it's somewhat hard to push on deep sand but managable. However, the fixed wheel will drive you crazy for walking. You have to literally push down the handlebar and lift up the front wheel to turn it. It's super duper annoying!! For running I think it makes sense, but it really limits use for walking.

I finally broke down and bought the Revolution for walking and we keep that here in the bay area. First I bought a boogie because it was cheaper but it was built cheap- and really hard to fold. The BOBs are rock solid and super easy to fold. I sold that and bought the Rev. which i should have bought in the first place- nothing compares to the BOBs. The Rev. slick wheels can be used off-road, but they don't seem to grip as well as the SUS wheels. It turns like a dream! But i still think it's way too big to take shopping or restaurants.

If you're looking now, there are deals that might crop up online if you keep your eyes peeled. I bought the SUS for $230-20% off plus 4% ebates at BabyAge.com last year (no tax or shipping), and got the Revolution for $286 from a bike store online (they offered me the 2006 model for the price for the 2005 model on closeout since they sold out of them).

Hope this helps,
Darcy

bubbaray
10-16-2006, 04:00 PM
Not sure if this is relevant or not, but if your baby isn't here yet and you can wait, the '07 Revolutions (single and double) will have an almost full recline.

We are definitely getting an '07 Duallie, waiting for the recline.

If a recline isn't important (ie, your child is older and d/n nap in the stroller), then there will be more good deals on the '06s. Also, REI has them on sale sometimes.

ITA with the PP, the quality of the BOB strollers is great. The Revolution fold is more compact than my MBUS fold and DH and I agree, we prefer the handling of the Revolution over the MBUS. The Revolution canopy is better too. My only "complaint" is the lack of a full recline, which they have rectified with the '07s.

HTH

Melissa

DD#1: 04/2004

http://bd.lilypie.com/SasRm7.png