PDA

View Full Version : Peg Perego Uno

patricksmom
10-17-2006, 01:36 PM
I am intrigued by this new stoller from Peg.

Any ideas on when this will be available to buy and what the estimated cost will be??

JustMare
10-17-2006, 03:43 PM
Peg Perego Customer Service said they are shooting for November.

Here's a photo of the Uno:

hannahbear
11-20-2006, 11:22 PM
I am totally interested in it too...but really holding myself back from making any stroller purchases. My DD is 13 months old and after surviving a war in the Middle East this summer, literally, and going through 6 different airports and 5 different countries...our Pliko will not be used with the next one.

Besides, it will be a few more years before #2 is even in the making...lol.

Anyway, I have very little information about it. Right now you can get it from European websites for about 400 USD. I think it is the same price as the Venezia, but I am just really curious to hear reviews. I soooo wanted to have a bassinet feature when my DD was a newborn, it would have been awesome and very useful, but I just heard horrible things about the wheels and suspension on the Venezias. Also, I have also heard they will be out as late as January. They have the most beautiful new fabrics though...very mod.

Good Luck
: )
Hanaa
DD Ava 10.21.2005

Robynscott
01-06-2007, 12:09 PM
*Bump*

Anyone have any info on this stroller? It looks great on the website - but I really know nothing about it.

LeslieMom
01-11-2007, 09:56 AM
I just spoke with my local USA Baby and they told me the Uno won't be out until early February. Cost will be $449. Any authorized Peg dealer will be able to order them and get it in by Feb.

I'm really interested in this stroller--I love the reversible handle and how light it is. My only concern with ordering it is I don't know how it drives and I'd really like a test-drive before I order one up.

sobers3
01-11-2007, 10:58 AM
I looked at one las night at BBB. It was next to a Venezia so I could compare both. It has a wider seat/bed similar to the Milano. However, unless it was assembled wrong, the steering was horrible! I had the large wheels in front and it was hard to push and really didn't steer well at all. The steering on the Venizia was much better and I have pushed strollers that I like much more than a Venezia. I would try one before buying.

MNmomtobe
01-11-2007, 04:50 PM
That is because it has fixed rear wheels. With the handle reversed, your fixed wheels are now in the front which make the stroller very difficult to "steer". I guess it's supposed to feel like a more typical pram- which have 4 fixed wheels.

sobers3
01-11-2007, 04:58 PM
LOL, yup "supposed to". I have 2 prams and I also have a Cameleon that I reverse the handle so the air tires are in front and then I lock the small swivel wheels in back and the handling is very pram-like and responsive. The one difference is if I make a 90 degree turn, instead of tipping back on the rear wheels and turning, I tip up on the front air tires. The handling on this stroller was awful. I hope it was just assembled wrong. I just hope this might help somone who would order online without trying it first.

strollerqueen
01-11-2007, 11:52 PM
I don't think it was assembled wrong. It is supposed to steer like that, in "rear wheel drive", lol! When you have the stroller forward facing, the small swivels are in front. But when it's facing you, the large fixed ones are in front. No other option but to steer with the rear, because it is not balanced out to steer in front fixed wheel, like a true pram. The Venezia, on the other hand, has the option to lock, or swivel, all of the wheels. So you can always have the swivels in front, and the fixed in the rear.

LeslieMom
01-17-2007, 09:59 AM
Thanks for the additional information ladies! This really makes me think that I'll go with my original thought and purchase the new Pliko instead of the Uno. I love the reversible handle/pram feature, but it just doesn't seem worth the hassle if it drives poorly!