PDA

View Full Version : Peg Pliko or Maclaren Techno?

theluckiest
10-20-2006, 10:57 AM
I think we've narrowed down our stroller search to two: the Peg Perego Pliko P3 and the Maclaren Techno XT. We live in a large city that has pretty bad public transport, so we rely on our cars for transportation. We love to go for walks and will probably use the stroller mostly for day outings, the mall, etc. The features we want are:

* height-adjustable handles (my husband is 6'4")
* folds up small (I have a VW Jetta, so it needs to fit in the trunk)
* newborn-friendly/reclines
* preferably holds a carseat (this is the one negative about the Maclaren - but I'm not opposed to a carseat + Snap-n-Go at first)

I've heard that the Maclaren is more delicate/easier to break, but I also think it's sleeker than the Peg, which seems a tad bulky to me.

Please recommend yours so I can make up my mind! :)

THANKS!

AddiesMom
10-20-2006, 05:27 PM
The new Techno XLR holds a car seat. Magic Beans in Brookline, MA had one on display last week. If you go on their blog (Oct 12), www.spillingthebeans.net they talk about it.

Edit: My recommendation... if the XLR is a ton of money compared to the XT, then get the Snap and Go for the car seat. I did a stroller frame for the car seat then got the Techno. Honestly, I got so much use from the stroller frame I wish I went with the lighter Quest instead by the time she didn't need full recline anymore.