PDA

View Full Version : Should I get multiple strollers, or just get a Bugaboo?

robynloren
10-28-2006, 11:48 PM
I've been avoiding the Bugaboo like the plague, just because I never saw myself as a fancy stroller person. :) However, the more I think about it I am probably going to end up with several different strollers - which will add up to the cost of a Bug. So should I just suck it up and go for the Bug?

This is my first baby and I am due in January.

I have already been given a Mac Quest, so I will use that eventually when the baby is older quick trips and such.

I am also wanting/considering:

* A reversible handle "mall stroller" ... currently debating between the Venezia and Bumbleride Flyer.

* An outdoor stroller ... doesn't necessarily have to be a jogger, since I'll just be power-walking. However we have some bumpy sidewalks and trails and I think I'll need something with better suspension than the above mentioned mall stroller. In an ideal world I would like this to be reversible too. I would like to be able to use it very early on with my infant. A few I'm looking at are the Bumbleride Rocket, the Valco Tri-Mode, or the Zooper Boogie.

As you can see, if I get two strollers I'll be spending well over $700 as it is. My parents (divorced) have each agreed to buy us a stroller but I figure I can get them to combine forces and split the cost of the Bugaboo if that is a better way to go. It seems like the Bug would fit my needs (good handling indoors or out, reversible handle, suitable from birth) but it does lack some things that I thought I wanted: cup holder, snack tray, easy fold, good basket space. Although I think I can probably survive without most of those.

What would you do?

LarsMal
10-29-2006, 09:49 AM
I was offered a Bugaboo when I had my first (14-months), but turned it down. I know several people who have them, and a few of them have decided they are overrated. Some complaints have been having to take it apart to fold it down, no snack tray.

I have the Pliko P3 which I keep in my car for errands, mall, etc. I put the carrier in it when DS was an infant. The handles don't move, but he was facing me when he was riding in the carrier. I also like it because it has a snack tray, which we use constantly now.

I also have the Jeep Liberty All Terrain 3-wheel, which has been great. I wanted a swivel wheel, because I am also a power-walker, not a jogger. We use it around the neighborhood for walking the dog as well as trail walking. I love that one, too. There is also the option to lock the wheel if you need to.

Good luck!

MNmomtobe
10-29-2006, 12:31 PM
The Venezia would be a good indoor stroller. I think the BR Flyer is too big for a mall stroller. I tested this out at the store and it would be difficult to maneuver this around tighter aisles in stores. If you don't mind the baby facing you only in the first several months, you could get the new 2007 Peg Perego P3 pramette which is basically a P3 with reversible upholstery so you can use it like a bassinet. (Like the A3 but with the umbrella handles instead of the single handlebar). Then baby can face you without using the infant seat.

The Zooper Boogie would be a good choice for an outdoor stroller since it has the air tires and has the reversible seat that you are looking for.

Another option for a single stroller (as opposed to two) would be the Rock Star Baby stroller which is similar to the Bugaboo but I don't think you have to take it apart to fold it up. It has a reversible seat and comes with a bassinet. The price is about $500. You could just use this then the Quest when your child is older. It does take up more trunk space of course than the P3.

disneymom2
10-29-2006, 01:02 PM
Personally, I don't like the Bugaboo. But, it does sound like it might fit your needs. I see lots of them at the mall. You can use the Bugabbo for just about anything and most people that have them do like them. If I were just buying a single stroller(we need a double) I would probably get a RockStar Baby, which is similar to the Bugaboo, but cheaper, and a Mac Techno for quick trips and travel. I slinged DS for a couple of months and then just used my Techno. But, I did miss not being able to face him. I am going to miss that with #2. Don't know if I helped any, but the Bugaboo does sound like it would meet your needs. Lots of luck!

robynloren
10-30-2006, 10:10 AM
Thanks for the replies! I found a fabulous deal on the Venezia this weekend so we went ahead and bought that. Now it's just time to settle on a jogging stroller ... I'll probably have to post for more advice when we get closer to making that decision. :)