PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of Aprica

Kerry_Cloth4Baby
10-30-2006, 03:06 PM
Does anyone have opinions on the lightweight Aprica strollers?

Thanks!

disneymom2
10-30-2006, 03:38 PM
I have a couple of friends and an aunt that had Aprica strollers. They are expensive, but very nice and very sturdy. I used one quite a few times while babysitting. Not one complaint!

MamaKath
10-30-2006, 09:28 PM
People often have a love/hate relationship with them. They have a frame that is flexible to absorb shock which many folks take as poor craftsmanship. They are actually amazingly sturdy! I think they are great especially for littler babies as they are very padded, have boots, etc. I have owned 2 (donated one and have the other one boxed up) and have been very happy with them.

If the flexible frame style of the Apricas and Combis is not your cup of tea you might look at Maclarens, Inglesina, or Peg Perego.

HTH~

kcimato
11-03-2006, 11:22 PM
After much research and reccomodations from Mamakath , my daughter bought an Aprica. She is very tiny 4'9 and gets that thing out of thhe car with little or no effort. The sunshade is great, comes all the way over and there is a boot also so it looks like a pram. The handle folds down and is just right for her. Padding is quite plush also.

Nooknookmom
11-04-2006, 03:43 PM
I had two and loved them both. The older ones did get harder to push when baby got heavier though. Other than that the quality is unbeatable, IMHO. :)

ilovetivo
12-09-2006, 04:33 PM
I LOVE mine but dd is getting too big so I'm going to sell it. It's a promenade. I'm 5'6" and i think i'm too tall for it. DH didn't mind though and he's 5'11".

C99
12-09-2006, 10:18 PM
I've had two - a Sprint Royale and a full-sized one whose name I can no longer recall. I liked the SR as did my child, but it was really too short for me to push at 5'9" and I kicked the wheels. The one I have now, an older, full-sized model that was sold around 2002, is great - my only complaints about it are that it doesn't have a connected 3-point harness and the basket is tiny.

boymomCA
12-10-2006, 09:07 PM
I had one and didn't like it. IMO it is a stroller you can only use in the mall. Walking around the neighborhood was a pain because it could not take bumps at all, no matter how small. I sold it after a couple of weeks.