PDA

View Full Version : Venezia vs. Zippy

bouldermom
10-30-2006, 04:10 PM
I know there are some older posts on the Venezia vs. Zippy debate, but I thought I'd ask the question again re which folks prefer in case info has changed. I love the idea of the Venezia's reversible handle, and the shade/canopy is important to me because I live in a sunny climate. I've read about many people's problems with the wheels, though, and that troubles me. Has that feature improved? And do its features compensate for the weight and maneuverability problems? What are the benefits and drawbacks of the Zippy? Which stroller will see my DS into toddlerhood better?

Just as an fyi - I live in Boulder, CO and am looking for a good all-purpose stroller. (Later I'll get an all terrain stroller for trails and a lightweight umbrella stroller for travel.) I'm trying to decide which everyday stroller will be my best bet for walking around the neighborhood, taking my DS downtown for walks on the outdoor pedestrian mall, etc.

Thanks!

Momof3Labs
10-30-2006, 05:45 PM
I love the Venezia for a baby, particularly indoors, but most moms give it up by about a year of age. We're still using ours for DS2 (8mo) but I'm starting to use our P3 more since DS2 doesn't care as much about looking at me. It's also harder to push with heavier kids, though mine is still fine with a 20lb-er. It doesn't go over cracks in the sidewalk particularly well, even with a newborn. I think that it is a great stroller for a particularly niche, not sure if it is the best for you though. We got it primarily for the toddler footsteps (DS1 is 4yo).

There are some other strollers with reversible handles that may meet your needs - have you considered others beside the Venezia?

bouldermom
10-30-2006, 06:51 PM
Which other strollers with reversible handles would you suggest? Thanks.

Momof3Labs
10-30-2006, 07:36 PM
I can't say since I've only used the Venezia. But try using the search feature to find "reversible handle" (click the "and" button to find posts with both words in it) and you'll find old threads discussing this.

Tondi G
10-30-2006, 08:19 PM
between the 2 I would go for the Zippy or P3. We had a Milano (similar to the Venezia) and it was great for the 1st couple months when Baby was fully reclined (like a bed on wheels) but the stroller jolting to a stop everytime we hit a crack in the sidewalk got really old FAST! We got a Pliko in it's place and it was fantastic compared to the Milano. We got a new P3 for baby #2 but our old Pliko is still in use in DH's car and going strong!

If you really want a reversible handle I would go for the Bumbleride Flyer!!!

http://www.bumbleride.com/collection/flyer.php

~Tondi
Mommy to Mason 7/8/01 and Aidan 5/4/05