PDA

View Full Version : Joovy Caboose? Other double suggestions?

swan01
11-01-2006, 07:24 AM
I currently have an E3 and my kids are 2 years apart (the baby is 2 months old). We have been using it all around the neighborhood and it suits our needs just fine. Although I know people do it, it just seems way too big and heavy to load in and out of the car for trips to the mall, traveling, etc., so I am looking for something relatively inexpensive for that purpose. DD is in a "no chair" phase (meaning she would rather walk), but who knows how long it will last. She also never falls asleep anywhere except a bed, so having a recline is not at all a factor. I was thinking of going with a Twin Swift, but maybe a Caboose would be a better option and would last longer? I also really like the orange color, so maybe I am drawn to the stroller just for that? Too bad they did not have orange E3s when I bought ours :) I saw in a prior post that there at changes for the 2007 Caboose - any ideas when it will be available?

Thanks!

Melanie
11-01-2006, 11:43 AM
Well, I have the Joovy and it doesn't suit our needs too well at this point, and hasn't for some time. Dd is 1 and Ds is almost 5. It's great for him, however the front is not great for Dd. When she was smaller it was okay until she needed to nap then I would put her in the sling. Once she got a bit older I stopped taking it out much since she couldn't nap or rest well in it. I think it would be perfect if you planned on using it with the car seat attachment and your car seat. I still have it b/c I envision it being quite useful in the future when Dd is older, or even now for day trips where she won't need to nap. The back is great, though, Ds and his friends LOVE taking turns riding on it when we go out.

I wish they could devise a way for the front to slide FORWARD so that it could then recline to a more comfortable place for the younger child; without further encroaching on the back seat.

twinkie
11-01-2006, 08:57 PM
I am due in a few weeks and thinking of getting the E3 for my main stroller around the neighborhood, and also a joovy caboose as our second stroller for quick errands, DH's car, grandma's car, etc. (Grandma watches DS once a week and usually borrows DH's cheapy umbrella stroller as she doesn't like to lug around my heavier zippy.) I thought I read somewhere that the caboose is going to be reconfigured so that the infant car seat will be placed over the standing area, and the older child can ride in the seat. Then, when the baby grows out of the infant car seat, the baby takes the regular seat and the toddler moves to the sit/stand spot. That would be IDEAL for me, since I don't think DS is quite ready to be in the standing position yet. If this is the case then I would love to wait for the 2007 version. Does anyone know when this new version will be available? I keep checking the joovy website, but it doesn't show a new version yet.

swan01
11-02-2006, 02:07 PM
Strollerqueen? Any rumors on the 2007 Caboose?

Thanks!