PDA

View Full Version : urbe/pliko lite/zooper twist/salsa

wigfurs
11-02-2006, 11:43 AM
I currently have a bugaboo, which I thought would be the only stroller I would ever need, but we have found a use for another. We are looking for a lightweight umbrella type stroller we can use for travel, trips to the mall, and trips places where I will have to leave the stroller unattended. (never thought that through before I bought the bugaboo...I don't want to have to carry around a bike lock for my stroller!) I am driving myself crazy with this search. My daughter is 10 mths. and the features we would like are reclining seat, easy (if possible), one handed steering, not tippy, and not super expensive. Am I asking for too much? I know the Urbe is about 16 lbs, but I've heard it isn't as tippy and is easier to steer than the others. Please let me know what you think.

gcampbell72
11-02-2006, 08:56 PM
How about the Inglesina Trip?

wigfurs
11-03-2006, 12:10 AM
I haven't really looked into it...I'm open for suggestions. Are you a Trip fan? What does it have to offer?

Thanks so much for your reply!

Queensgirl
11-03-2006, 12:15 PM
I have no personal experience with the Trip, but have seen it IRL and it's a nice looking stroller. Very similar to the Quest in its amenities but I believe it's less tippy and the wheels are larger. It also may weigh slightly more than the Quest (maybe a pound?):
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2339062&cp=&f=Taxonomy%2FTRUS%2F2255957&origkw=inglesina+trip&kw=inglesina+trip&parentPage=search

The Urbe is the more full featured of the strollers you listed, followed by the pliko lite, zooper twist, and lastly zooper salsa (similar to a Volo).

Maybe for your needs the Trip, Twist or Quest are more suitable? All of the strollers are good quality, so I don't think you'll go wrong with whatever you decide. Try to see them in person if you can, it will help in your decision.

BTW, StrollerQueen had a comparison of the Inglesina strollers on her site w/photos.
http://www.strollerqueen.com/