PDA

View Full Version : valco tri-mode with toddler seat

anreka
11-02-2006, 12:34 PM
i am looking at this stoller and was wondering what people's thoughts are on it. i have a mac quest and it recently broke. we can still use it if my dh tapes it together at the handle where it broke. but we are also expecting a baby in feb. and the valco with toddler seat just looks like it'll work well for us. i took ds to the store and drove him around in it. he really liked being up high and seeing everything while he was in the toddler seat. he also liked being in the regular seat and just relaxing while i was pushing him around. we need a new stroller since i never know when the mac is going to stay put together and i kind of want to get this one. most of the reviews i've read about this one said that it was really top heavy but it didn't seem to be that much of a problem with ds and there wasn't anything else in the stroller. ds is a little on the small side and i've read that it you keep the swivel wheel on the 45* swivel angle it works better. anyway, sorry this is so long but i really want to get the right stroller and anyones thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated!!

Juliet

steph2003
11-03-2006, 10:48 AM
Well I can't comment too much on it just yet - I finally bit the bullet & ordered mine.

I have a tall, average weight DS who will be 3 in Feb & a baby girl due in a couple weeks.

For us it will be our mostly neighborhood/walk/zoo outing type stroller in which DS may not want to walk the whole time. The fold looks easy enough even w/the toddler seat on I anticipate being able to throw it into the back of my SUV if need be for a mall outing.

I like that the basket is easy to access unlike the E3 which I was also looking at. I like that it can be folded w/the toddler seat on unlike the E3 (which I've heard this will change for 2007 on the E3 but I'm not willing to wait until March 2007 LOL!) I need something in the more immediate future as we live in a milder climate & I do anticipate neighborhood walks (we can walk to Starbucks, etc) on nicer days to keep my sanity w/a newborn & toddler.

The toddler seat doesn't seem that comfy so if you need a recline that might be an issue & some see that as a con. My toddler hasn't wanted to recline or fall asleep in the stroller since he was an infant. I think for the most part he'll enjoy being up high & seeing the view while his sister is in the back. And when he gives up the stroller completely I think it will be a great single stroller for baby girl. I am also a big fan of the swivel wheel which my current outdoor/jogger stroller has. I haven't steered it w/2 kids but my initial test drive I thought it was easy to manuever even one handed.

HTH some!