PDA

View Full Version : Combi I-thru

Nooknookmom
11-06-2006, 03:51 PM
Those of you that have this stroller, how easy is it to push? Over grass, gravel, w/ heavier child in it? Does it feel sturdy?

I haven't seen one IRL to *test*!

TIA,

strollerqueen
11-06-2006, 05:11 PM
I love mine! I am on my second one. I just used it to to walk my DS home from Kindergarten. Unfortunately, he is too big for it now, so I think it has to go. {{sniff}} But, it pushes SO easily with him in it, and the larger wheels do surprisingly well on big cracks. The wheel base is so short that it easily rolls up and down my stairs. I also like that it only weighs 16 pounds, has a boot, snack tray, and parent cupholders. It is really nice for the money. You are welcome to come and see mine if you like.

strollerqueen
11-06-2006, 06:15 PM
I wanted to add that I just tried it over grass, gravel, dirt, and a wooden bridge. It sailed along with my big boy in it, one-handed. You know how hot it is today. He was in his bathing suit with no shirt and no shoes, and he wanted to hide when we picked up DD from school. So I pulled the canopy down to the napper bar, and put the boot on, and voila! no one could see him, lol!

Nooknookmom
11-06-2006, 07:26 PM
Ooooh...it sounds perfect. I was hoping it would do well on rougher surfaces. That was one thing I disliked about my Aprica's.

I want a stroller w/ one handlebar & plush for errands/mall/car shows. I very much want that vent panel in the back and a canopy that goes to the bumper bar.

They have some great deals on the I-thru now too. Of course I have a while to wait before it will get use, lol. I may take you up on that offer to check yours out. I appreciate it!

Thanks again :) :) Now to search for a "pram" for sleeping and walks...

Joolsplus2
11-07-2006, 01:15 PM
Wow, SQ and SP like the I-thru? We couldn't get anyone to buy or keep one of these at Lullaby Lane... I guess you have to understand/appreciate the 'nimble' feeling of Combis to not think it's just overpriced and flimsy?

Hmmm...new stroller to covet, and at discount pricing, to boot!

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

skipspin
11-07-2006, 04:57 PM
You're telling me, and I had talked myself out of the I-thru as a consolation to the Peg Navetta that I just can't find for the price/chasis I want. DH thought I saw that light and decided no more strollers. Haha. Not anymore. Now off to find out about that Zooper Salsa I just emailed someone about. Eek! I guess I'm asking for two strollers now. Merry Chrsitmas to me...