PDA

View Full Version : Zippy or P3 or something else...? Need advice for transporting two kiddos.

yayagirl
11-07-2006, 05:44 AM
Here's our deal:

DS is 2 yrs, 5 mos, and on the biggish side. He doesn't ride too often in his MacLaren Techno XT -- he usually prefers to walk. He does ride on occasion (airports, long walks around neighborhood, rare mall outing,) but very infrequently.

DD is 8 wks, now riding in bucket seat + UCSC. More often, she's in a sling.

With DS, there was an "in-between" stage, when he was too big for the bucket (4.5 mos!) and too small for the Techno.

What I need is a stroller to fill in the blanks, here.

It should be rather plush and cushiony (the techno is not,) with a 180 recline so the baby can comfortably stretch out and sleep in it, if need be. SHould be nice to push and easy to fold and not ridiculously large and heavy, so I can haul it in and out of the truck of my car. Should have as big a basket as is practical + rain cover + hood. Also, it should have a napper bar or -- better -- snack tray / cup holder (because -- and this is silly -- but where I live most restaurants don't have good high chairs, and people tend to feed their older babies and toddlers in the strollers! So it should be OK for that purpose!)

I am thinking a Zippy or P3.

As for the big kid, DS, I was thinking of a Buggy Board so he can hitch the occasional ride, and that in the once-in-a-while case both kids need to stroll, I get help and use two strollers...? I saw the Strolli online, and that looks supah-cool, but I'm not sure how much use it would get...

So... Any suggestions? My total budget is, say, 500-600 dollars for the two kids. Thanks in advance.

rl42382
11-08-2006, 10:32 AM
rachel l.
the 05 1/2 has a plastic but no tray. the 06 zippy comes with a rain plastic plus snack tray and great hood pluse the seat is deeper than the p3 one and i think the fold is better the recline is also great my newborn usto sleep in it and at 27 months she still is able to sleep comfertably in it. we also use it as a high chair on the go pluse the cup holders on the kid tray are two different sizes so you can have different sized bottles or sippy cups. they also have a decent toddler board on back but it is narrow enough that you can also put on a seperate one.

laguna1995
11-11-2006, 04:25 AM
I have the Strolli and it is awesome! My son (3 yrs old) absolutely loves riding on it. Much easier than bushing around a double stroller and son doesn't get tired from standing like with the buggy boards. It is really easy to attach to the stroller and detaches just as quickly. I keep it in my trunk right next to the stroller. Really lightweight and wonderful to have with you when you are out shopping or on walks.