PDA

View Full Version : Gah, SIL want’s a Graco!

hobie
11-08-2006, 05:55 PM
Gah, SIL want’s a Graco! I know there is a much better stroller out there! She picked it because she could fold it and it “seemed light weight�. Maybe lighter than the other Graco’s in the store, lol. Personally, I only like strollers with bike tires. They are just so much easier to push (I have a BOB doullie and a Valco RA). So I don’t know too much about strollers with little-bitty wheels. I’m trying to convince them that they will want two strollers (gasp!), one for the car, and one for dog walking. Maybe the I’coo Infinity for dog walks, but what should the car stroller be?

They need:
Light Weight
Full Recline for Infant
Umbrella Fold (no way that Graco will fit in their little cars)
Easy Fold (otherwise she’ll want the Graco!)
Car Seat Compatibility not an issue
Stroller will be used for mall…but they have a dog, so they will probably be using the stroller outside more often than they think (mainly sidewalks). Hence the need for two strollers. But if it had to be only one stroller, what should it be?

Thanks!

ellies mom
11-08-2006, 08:51 PM
I'm a two stroller person myself (well ok, four but I mainly only use two). I just don't think one stroller can do it all well. My current "outdoor" stoller is the Valco Tri-mode. For the car stroller, I just don't think you can go wrong with either the Inglesina Zippy or the Peg Perego P3, especially if used from birth.

hobie
11-10-2006, 05:25 PM
Is the P3 an umbrella fold?
Anyone have any other recomendations?

ellies mom
11-10-2006, 07:14 PM
Both the P3 and the Zippy are an umbrella fold. The P3 also has adjustable handles. When I made my decision, there were several things that pushed me towards the Zippy. Now I'd probably get the P3.

ETA- They both have a super easy fold and the Zippy is really easy to unfold (I'm sure the Peg is also). After three years it still makes me happy to fold and unfold my Zippy.

SnuggleBuggles
11-10-2006, 07:51 PM
My Metrolite lived in my Honda Civic's trunk for about 2 years. Little cars can have amazing trunks. :)

That said, I wouldn't buy another Graco. And I personally wouldn't look for one that could be a travel system. Tell her to get one of those snap and go things instead and a better stroller. Or just buy her a sling or carrier.

Beth