PDA

View Full Version : Help - what carseats fit the Snap-N-Go double stroller frame?

Luxembourglady
11-09-2006, 08:27 AM
I'm due with twins in January and would really like to get the Snap-N-Go double to use with carseats. I've read so many good things about it from twin parents. However, we live in Luxembourg so most of the carseats that are mentioned as compatible are either not easy to buy over here(e.g., Graco, Cosco and Evenflo)or are made as a slightly different model (e.g., Primo Viaggio and I really don't want to get that one anyway) so I'm not sure they would work. The most common car seat sold here is the Maxi Cosi Cabrio which I really like and want to get but I want to figure out if I could use it with the Snap-N-Go double. Does anyone have any experience? Do you need a special adapter for each type of carseat or is the connection something more generic that we might be able to work around with the Maxi Cosi? My husband can pick up the Snap-N-Go on a trip back to the U.S. (it isn't sold here in Europe either) but I only want to do it if I think it is compatible with the carseats over here. Thanks!

hardysmom
11-09-2006, 05:21 PM
First, while stranger things have happened, I think it might be hard to find SNGD + Euro carseat experience. But a shot in the dark is better than no shot at all.

I would call/email Baby Trend and ask them directly. I used a SNGD with a pretty rare Fishe Price carseat and they knew it would work. The frame comes with bars which can be re-arranged and readjusted a lot of ways for different carseats.

If I lived in Europe, I might look into a couple of the European versions of the SNG-- Personally, I love the idea of the Babeconfort Twin Club. I think it has to use their seats, but I think I have seen other options. Click on the UK site, then the stroller at the top, then "for two."

www.bebeconfort.com

Or you husband could get a couple of Graco seats to go with the SNGD and ship them...

Stephanie

Luxembourglady
11-10-2006, 11:55 AM
Thank you. I had been to one big baby store here in Luxembourg and described the SNGD and the sales guy told me he hadn't seen anything similar in Europe. So I wasn't aware of the Bebe Confort. It does look good from the website but is much more expensive than the SNGD since it is designed to be used after the car seats as well (costs $600!). I guess I should figure out if it is worth using as a more primary stroller for the money.

I'll also call Baby Trend and see if they can steer me in the right direction.

Luxembourglady
11-10-2006, 12:10 PM
I just talked to customer service at Baby Trend and she let me know that a new SNGD is coming out in early January that will be even more universal than the current model. She said it should accomodate most car seats that have the ability to go in a shopping cart. It is available for pre-order at strollerdepot.com for $100 and is in silver and black. So I might wait and try that out.

hardysmom
11-10-2006, 11:15 PM
My FP carseat couldn't go in a cart, but did work with the SNGD, if that helps.

Could DH buy and luggage check a couple of Graco carseats? I know they don't usually charge to check seats, though maybe there has to be a baby. Might be worth checking out. It would be really easy to just clip the seats into the SNGD and check all of it at the airport. It can be steered w/ one hand so it would be easy to navigate w/ other luggage from the curb to the ticket counter. Plus, good experience, lol...

It is a lifesaver. Perfect for narrow doors and bumpy streets. Even does curbs pretty well for the price.

Stephanie
Blythe Katherine and Charlotte Maeve 3/24/04
Hardy 11/01