PDA

View Full Version : Any news on the 2007 Joovys?

swan01
11-10-2006, 12:21 PM
Does anyone know when the 2007 Joovys will be available? I am interested in a caboose and can't decide if I should wait or not.

Thanks!

DustysSweety03
11-27-2006, 05:32 PM
BUMP

I'm interested in when the 07's come out also.

strollerqueen
11-29-2006, 02:57 AM
Release dates are always changing. For the latest, you can email them at: www.joovy.com

twinkie
12-03-2006, 08:53 AM
I actually emailed them about a month ago, and they told me that in early 2007 the ultralite caboose would be released. That model will be similiar to the current model, except with better wheels, a better canopy, a parent organizer, and will also be lighter in weight. Then, towards the end of 2007 a completely redesigned caboose will be released in which the infant car seat could be placed over the standing area (rather than over the stoller seat where it would be placed now.) That way, the older child could sit in the stroller seat until the infant outgrows the car seat, and at that point the infant would be moved into the stroller seat and the toddler could stand. I wish that model was coming out sooner, since my toddler isn't ready for the standing portion of the stroller yet, but probably would be ready by the time the newborn is sitting up and is out of the carseat.

nfowife
12-03-2006, 11:13 AM
twinkie,
Sit 'n stand has a model out now (just came out) that has 2 seats. Then you remove the back seat to make a traditional sit 'n stand when the older toddler is ready for that:
http://dmart.stores.yahoo.net/sipl75sitwst.html

I don't have it and haven't tried it, but it certainly looks promising! I'm going to use a peg tender twin for the first few months and see where that leaves me- DD will be 21 months when the new one comes along and is so not ready for the freedom of a sit 'n stand.

twinkie
12-04-2006, 02:35 PM
Cool, thanks for the post. I would guess that this sit and stand is just as long as the traditional sit and stand, though, if not even longer. I looked at the regular sit and stand at Target over the weekend and it seemed to be just as long as all of the other tandem doubles there. I like the look of the Joovy because it doesn't seem as long as the sit and stand. (I have never seen them next to each other, though, so I am not sure how much shorter the Joovy is IRL.) I also haven't pushed either, so I am not sure if either is superior to the other. I would be buying this stroller as a secondary stroller for errands, my DH's car, and for my Mom to borrow from time to time. I am planning on getting an E3 for my main stroller, but for quick trips I think it will be overkill.

Tondi G
12-04-2006, 07:30 PM
What I want to know is WHEN is someone going to make a sit n stand with air tires that will accomodate more weight and steer better!

elismummy
12-05-2006, 09:40 AM
Hey, did you happen to check out the Transit Tandem when you were at Target? It is shorter than the sit n/stand or duoglider. I am looking at them right now to try to figure out if they are a good option for the short errands for a newborn and 21mo too. Just a thought.
Kati

ithomas
03-07-2007, 12:22 AM
I wanted to bump this up message up....anyone hear any recent news about the release date for the Caboose ultralite? I last heard March 2007. I want to buy a Caboose, but want to wait for the new version since it is improved plus includes the new parent organizer.

MarieBunny
03-21-2007, 09:34 PM
The Joovy website says April 1st release for the new Ultralite Cabooses. Has anyone gotten a sneak peek at these? Is it worth $229 for the lighter weight, parent organizer, extended canopy and ball-bearing wheels(?). I am debating whether to get one of these or a SBS all terrain double. I am a sucker for lightweight strollers. I already have a 2005 Valco Runabout with toddler seat which I find to be wide, heavy, a pain to fold, and hard to steer with my 37 lb toddler in the extra seat. Someone tell me I will love the new Joovy!