PDA

View Full Version : Mutsy stroller anyone????? OR BJCS, or PT E3

teamglamm
11-10-2006, 08:19 PM
Has anyone seen or tried a Mutsty 4 rider? It is by far the COOLEST stroller I've seen with a lot of cool features.

I was thinking of getting a P&T E3 or BJCS (not sure on abbrev)and then getting an umbrella. The Mutsy is new to the US but has been around in other countries amd is a 35 yr old company.

I guess what I am confused about is if I will regret having a 20+lb stroller with any of these. For those who have an A/T primary stroller do you have issues with the weight? Thing is Mutsy is $679-699, comes with a bassinet (which I don't really need). So it would be a bit much to count on getting a lite umbrella. If I did it I don't want to feel stuck with something 25lbs. It is AWESOME though. steers great, height adjusts for up to a 7ft person. (also what looks so cool if it ever comes to the US is that in Europe they sell a double seat that you can attach in lieu of your single seat.)

I'm all over the place any advice would help.

Thanks.

beemah
11-12-2006, 08:28 AM
I don't know very much about any of the strollers, but the author of the Daddy Types blog recently wrote an entry suggesting that Musty is bringing three models to the United States. You can read his post at:

http://daddytypes.com/2006/09/25/mutsy_all_that_and_a_high_chair_too.php

Good luck-
Jennifer

pumpkin28
12-09-2006, 08:41 AM
I am going today to look at the Mutsy 4 rider. I have actually already seen it but need to show my husband. I really loved the look of it. Recently read about it weight issues though and it has me concerend. My choice is coming down to the Bug cameleon, PTE3, and the mutsy. they all have their drawbacks. The bug you have take apart in two, at least Mutsy folds down in one piece. The PTe3 i am concerned about the narrow seat and a child totally growing out of it.
Good luck to you.
Do you happen to know if the mutsy 4rider is lighter than the urban rider?