PDA

View Full Version : Auto accident with stroller in trunk

Sopamanda
11-10-2006, 08:48 PM
We are unable to remove the stroller from our trunk as it was nearly embedded. The car was rear-ended and the trunk is nearly in the back seat. Does anyone have experience with this?? We didn't try -that- hard to get it out, the back window was shattered and I didn't want to risk -anyone- getting cut. Any words of advice?

It was an Inglesina Swift. Darn it the time I put into purchasing that and the Britax! Humph!!!

Amanda

skipspin
11-13-2006, 10:59 AM
Just in case you didnt know, the insurance of the person at fault (or yours if for some reason that is what is covering it) is legally obligated to replace the car seat. Sometimes the insurance companies just need a little pressure. Personally, I would try for the stroller too, but the car seat should be a definate.

If you have any questions you can ask on the car seat board.

~Joy

mommy2maya
11-13-2006, 02:42 PM
I would absolutely insist that the stroller be replaced as well!

luvsviola
11-13-2006, 09:54 PM
In my accident, they replaced everything that was damaged in the trunk--metal laundry hamper, clothing covered in glass, other stuff, and my glasses, which got smashed when my airbag didn't go off and my face hit the steering wheel (he pushed me into two other cars, one of which was in front of me).

I didn't have a car seat, but I know they are usually required to pay to replace those.

Good luck! I remember that awful feeling in the pit of my stomach every time I had to deal with the insurance company.

MegND95
11-14-2006, 09:20 AM
I was rear ended almost three years ago, and my older Pliko was in the trunk. I asked the at fault insurance company to replace or fix it. They sent me a check to cover the cost of a brand new P3. My older pliko was still usable, but I was pg at the time, and a little nervous about putting my infant in a questionably safe stroller.

Good luck! It is such a hassle!

Sopamanda
11-18-2006, 08:32 PM
Okay, they've decided to replace it. We're going out of town and need to get one asap. Nowhere in town carries the Swift.

DS is 14 months and never, ever sleeps in a stroller. Need lightweight for travel and small trunk space.

Volo or Triumph??

Thanks, gurus!
Amanda