PDA

View Full Version : Twin swift or Mac techno?

newbelly2002
11-13-2006, 08:27 AM
Can anyone clarify for me the differences (besides the middle handle, and how important is that?) between these two? pricewise it looks like I can get them for just about the same (200 EUR).

We need a lt weight travel stroller. Something good for small spaces, tight driving, lt enough to carry and bring through the airport but comfortable enough for sleeping etc. We have a MTBD sort that is our workhouse but now that the boys are old enough (7+ months), we'd like to have something to get us through the inside--especially with winter coming--a bit easier.

Unfortauntely, I don't think I will be able to see either or these IRL. Also, are there any otehr European models (I'm in germany) that you might suggest that I might have missed?

Thanks!

Paula
Mama to Dante, 8/02
And 2 sweet peas in a late march pod

newbelly2002
11-14-2006, 02:53 AM
bump. anyone?

Paula
Mama to Dante, 8/02
And 2 sweet peas in an April pod

heatherlynn
11-14-2006, 12:13 PM
Hi,

The Twin Swift has suspension, which makes for a smoother ride. Not sure about any European models. Sorry. Good luck!

H-
Heather
dd 3/98
ds 8/04
dd 11/05

megs4413
11-14-2006, 03:42 PM
i've been pondering the same question.....

the only good thing i can think of about the handles on the twin swift is that it makes it so you can hang your diaper bag on one side and not use a tandem diaper bag (like a SH duo double) and it also makes it so you can steer it with one hand...

Does the Mac have a full recline? i think it might...that would be another difference.

I haven't been able to try either IRL, but those are my two picks....

not much help, but i'm in the same boat as you!

heatherlynn
11-14-2006, 04:51 PM
I'd say that 3rd handle makes a huge difference. You can use it to swing the stroller through a door or just push it straight if you have something in the other hand, although you probably wouldn't do it for any length of time. The recline is flatter on the Mac, but the recline on the TS is definately sufficient for a newborn, imo; I'd use a Snuzzler in both anyway. The suspension on the TS is also a major plus, imo. It makes going over little bumps and cracks that much easier. I have a TS that I have listed for sale on Swap, but I've decided to keep it since it will be a great travel/city stroller for me.

H-
Heather
dd 3/98
ds 8/04
dd 11/05

dscollier3
11-14-2006, 05:11 PM
I've had both, and sold the Mac Twin Techno and kept the Twin Swift. The third handle makes a major difference and the Twin Swift pushes MUCH better, especially once your riders are older. It will last you longer than the Mac will. The suspension on the Twin Swift makes a huge difference.

HTH, Sharon