PDA

View Full Version : 1 stroller for everything (inc. travel), with recline, good on bumpy sidewalks

tjteems
11-13-2006, 02:01 PM
Is this the MBUS? Can I gate check it without worry? Is it too awkward in stores? I was thinking of getting the Peg Pilko, but am afraid it won't be able to handle the rougher sidewalks in our neighborhood. I already have a volo and a BJ double, so I want to be practical and just get 1 more stoller. My daughter is 8mo and my son is over 3, so I need a decent single now that my son can walk more and we don't always need the double.
Thanks for any help!

cschwed
11-13-2006, 02:11 PM
I would say, yes. The MBUS is my one and only, and I love love love it. Yes, there are times it's a little tight in small or crowded stores, but the fantastic steering compensates for the size - as long as there's any room, you can get around. I say go for it!

tjteems
11-13-2006, 03:02 PM
thanks for your quick reply! Have you ever traveled with it on a plane? If so, how was it? Also, I'm looking at one very cheap ($184) on Joggingstroller.com's return website. It says it has been refurbished. If you have any thoughts on that too, I'd love any insight.
Thanks!!

cschwed
11-15-2006, 06:29 AM
Yes, I've traveled twice with it to Israel and back. It was fantastic in the airport, though it was too big to go through the scanner (they had to check it over separately), and it's built so well that I never really worried about it getting broken in baggage. I know people like small, light strollers for travel, but I actually loved having a stroller my dd could sleep in at the airport for night flights - I couldn't see where a small stroller would have really been better.
I would trust joggingstroller.com generally, but why wouldn't you just spend $30 more to get the new one they have listed there? I would think that would be worth it.