PDA

View Full Version : Best way to add storage to a P&T E3 w/toddler seat

jennifer_r
11-14-2006, 05:33 PM
Xpost in Diaperbags board - This will be used for malls as well as parks, library, etc. so I would like a place to put my "shopping" bags. I guess that the only solution is to get those clips from a place like BRU and hang the bags from the handle. Unless, there is something that I'm missing.

When it comes to hanging a diaper bag to it - I saw that P&T has a side bag as does Skip Hop (they call it a Saddle bag). There's also the Carry You panniers. Is there one that is better than the other? I'd be leaning towards the SH since they have a red one and I'm planning on getting a red E3. Also, would I need two of them to hold enough stuff for my two kids. If I get a pair and hang one on each side, will that make the stroller too wide?

TIA

Edited to fix that the Xpost is in Diaperbags board not the diaper board.

Jennifer

Mom to:
Christopher 12/29/89
Adelaide 8/23/04
Bronwyn 11/9/05

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif[/img][/url] Woohoo! 1 year and counting . . .

skipspin
11-14-2006, 05:41 PM
No real expereince with the bags yet, but I am planning to get a set of the Phil and Ted's Pannier bags and split them with a friend before I have #2 in a few months.(I only want one bag, and will only have one in diapers...)

I have used my e-3 as a double a few times while babysitting and since my DD is usually in the back/"basket" seat I can still put some stuff in the basket. Now, granted, she is older and won't try to eat the plastic bags or shred the papers, so it may not work the same for you. She actaully kind of likes having her little bag and stuff down there where she can reach it. So, if one of the kids is older, or so young that they can't reach it when buckled in you might have some room. I can put a bag with a shirt or two in it down there, or DD's backpack, or just extra water bottles and my hip carrier.

Oh, DD is 3, and weighs 33 lb (short and chubby) and I have her sit in the back seat even though sometimes the child in the front is smaller and it's not tippy at ALL so far. (P&T's recommends smaller child in back seat)It just seems to make sense to keep her in the back since she gets in and out and likes it a lot. When she gets to 35/40 lb I'll have to re-evelauate, but so far so good.

Hope some others have some good suggestions on the bags.
~Joy
Mommy and CPS tech

heatherlynn
11-14-2006, 05:57 PM
Hey Jennifer!

I use the Carry You panniers. I thought the P&T ones were too big and the SH ones too small. The CYs are lightweight and thin, but hold more than it seems they would. I also recommend a Bob console - get that before the panniers! And the best thing I've done lately is to replace the main seat with another toddler seat - it gives more room for the back rider and also gives better access to the basket (now I can actually use it!). Oh, and I use a LeSportsac messenger as a diaper bag - the strap is long and super easy to adjust so you can hang it over the handle and it sits behind the back toddler seat. HTH!

H-
Heather
dd 3/98
ds 8/04
dd 11/05

andie16
11-15-2006, 02:18 PM
I'm glad to see a review of the CY panniers. I've been meaning to ask if anyone has them before ordering.

I've read that the BOB console doesn't work well when the stroller handle is in either the upper or lower position, but can't remember which one. How do you use it? The Carry You console looks nice too, but it's a lot more money than the BOB. From a quick look at pictures they don't look too different. I think I might get the little single cup holder from CY for dd to have her drink more accessible.

MamaKath
11-15-2006, 11:15 PM
It sounds like you want to carry a lot of stuff. I would go with the P&T's ones. They hold a ton! They are great for the mall as you can stuff one with jackets and extra stuff and still have one to put small bags in (or library books or food if you are out for a long outing, etc). These tend to square out the stroller when completely stuffed to the brink- the front end was never wider than the back, however at times only slightly narrower.

For hanging bags, I have been able to hang lighterweight ones on my Babu Tray, though I am not sure I would put heavy ones on there. I also have used the stroller swivlers for hanging larger shopping type bags from the handles which worked well.

HTH~

lhk777
11-16-2006, 03:27 PM
I have the P&T Pannier Bag that I use on one side of the stroller.
I only bought one and it is plenty for me. It does hold a lot more than you would think. It is a little pain to attach and remove each time we need it but it does hold a lot. The only thing I don't like is that the pannier bag doesn't have any type of strap which makes it a bit difficult to carry when I don't have my diaper bag with me.

I use a messenger type bag for my diaper bag and the strap is long enough to go over the handle bars and hang behind the toddler seat. It doesn't seem to bother my DD (17 months) yet.

I also have the BOB console which I highly recommend. If you use the handle bar in the higher position I guess it isn't good for holding drinks in the cupholder. My husband is 6 feet and we just keep the handle bar in the lower position and it seems to be ok.

I also have a couple of my DD's linking rings on my handle bar and use that to hang some shopping bags from if needed. Then you don't have to buy the special clips.

The one thing you just have to be careful about is making sure the stroller is not too top heavy with the diaper bag and shopping bags hanging from it...because then it will flip backwards. This only happens if my DD's happen to get out of the stroller and I forget to remove the weight from the handle bar.

Given all that - I have yet to run out of storage space on my E3.

-Linda

jennifer_r
11-16-2006, 04:58 PM
I decided to go with the P&T panniers (the pair) since I am not planning on carrying an additional diaper bag and I'll need the space since I still have two in diapers. I ordered from Jen at expressive toys. But she didn't have the Bob Console so I still have to order that one elsewhere. I wish I knew the Bob Console existed before 'cause it looks like it will fit on my single stroller (Inglesina Espresso). I guess I should check out the stroller boards more often . . .

Thanks everyone for all your help!!!! I'm really looking forward to my new stroller!

Jennifer

Mom to:
Christopher 12/29/89
Adelaide 8/23/04
Bronwyn 11/9/05

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif[/img][/url] Woohoo! 1 year and counting . . .

swampnurse
11-24-2006, 05:59 PM
No one mentioned the P&T hangbag. I have both the BOB console and the P&T hangbag and the P&T is MUCH better IMO. We use the tall position for the handlebars and the P&T still allows me to hold drinks. Also the storage compartmnent on the P&T is bigger and teh whole thing comes right off to use as a fanny pack if you want to park your stroller outside the coffee shop and just take in your valuables and kids. The BOB velcros in four different places to the handlebars!