PDA

View Full Version : Thank you strollerqueen...I love my Chicco C1!!

lilac0422
11-16-2006, 08:38 PM
Without your review of the C1, I probably never would have had the courage to buy it. No stores carry it locally (Michigan is pretty much a stroller dead zone...lucky me) and I hate to buy things online without being pretty sure I will keep it. When I saw it at Albee on sale for such a great price, coupled with your review, I couldn't resist. My DH wasn't too sure because we already have a 2006 Mac Techno. However, now we are both in love with it and the Techno is on the back burner until Addison is a little older (currently 8 weeks). It is a great stroller and I love the umbrella holder and the big orange Chicco umbrella that came with the stroller. Okay that is not the only reason I love it...ha ha. I love the handles that can adjust in all the different postions. It is very easy to fold and unfold. It pushes like a dream, steers great and turns very well for a big stroller. And the basket is huge (although compared to the Techno that isn't saying much). I also love that it stands when folded (much better than the Techno). Also, for quick errands, the Keyfit snaps right in. I didn't think I would be that "travel system" person but my daughter definitely is. She loves her carseat so we don't disturb her, less we face the wrath of Addison.

I don't know how a Zippy would compare (can't find that one around me either) but I know that the C1 (IMO) is much better than the P3. I know a lot of mom's love their P3's but I just don't see it. Anyway, thanks a ton for your pictures and review. I am in stroller heaven now!!

Oh and don't get me wrong, I do love the Techno. I know that many people use it from birth but it just didn't work well for us. I am sure it will be a great stoller when she is older. It steers well and turns on a dime. It is great for weaving around clothing racks at the mall. The canopy is great as far as full coverage and I love the adjustable handles.

Thanks again

strollerqueen
11-16-2006, 09:55 PM
Casey, you are welcome! Yes, I love that stroller. It's a shame more people don't know about it.

dylansnan
11-18-2006, 12:04 PM
Hey I'm from MI, too!!! (definetly a dead-zone, I'm trying to change that!)

(BTW- do I know you?)

Jenn98
11-18-2006, 05:08 PM
From MI, too and it's horrible to have to drive 45 minutes and the best you get is a BRU that has nothing good :( I want so badly to see the Twin Swift in person. I think it's what I want, but I'm not sure and DD#2 ius due in 5 weeks!

No good strollers, but, we do have gorgeous lakes and beaches! :)

lilac0422
11-18-2006, 05:22 PM
I don't think I know you. I only know one Cindy and her children are grown. What do you mean you are trying to change that?

dylansnan
11-19-2006, 04:24 AM
LOL! Sorry about that. Some of your "details" seem really similar to a friend of mine. Again , sorry.

I just ment, I've been buying unique strollers for a few years now, and have quite a collection. I have been trying to convince everyone I know, who is buy a stroller, to look beyond BRU and Target, and see all the really great strollers that are out there. That's all. (I talked my cousin into a Zooper, that she loves)

lilac0422
11-19-2006, 04:07 PM
No biggie...ha ha.

I was hoping that you meant you were opening a stroller store...ha ha. Wishful thinking!!

MNmomtobe
11-20-2006, 12:06 AM
The C1 is nice but it is about 5-6 lbs heavier than the P3. I think they are very similar otherwise.

dylansnan
11-20-2006, 02:05 PM
I only wish!!!! Although, my basement looks like a store with the number of strollers that are down there ;-)

strollerqueen
11-20-2006, 03:17 PM
I weighed it as two pounds more, same as the Inglesina Zippy.

MNmomtobe
11-20-2006, 11:24 PM
Really? All the websites seem to have the P3 at 16-17 lbs. and the Chicco C1 at 22.4 lbs. So does the P3 weigh more than stated or does the C1 weigh less? I'll have to weigh my P3 with canopy and all...

strollerqueen
11-21-2006, 01:44 AM
Yes, Peg hasn't updated those figures in years. There was a time when the Pliko did weigh that. But the '05 P3 weighs 19.5 pounds, and the '06 weighs 20 pounds. The stated weight of the Chicco is accurate.