PDA

View Full Version : which umbrella stroller?

mommabear
11-17-2006, 11:50 AM
I have been trying to decide on a stroller. I have a Zooper Waltz as my main stroller. I want another stroller with an umbrella fold for quick trips, flying and shopping. I live in Austin Tx and can't find any stores that carry Inglesina or Zooper. I am looking at the Z- twist or I- trip. Also considering Maclaren triumph or Quest at BRU.
I am torn because I really Don't want to pay for more stroller than I need. My son is nearly 2 and we are hoping to have another baby soon which means I will be buying a double.
Any suggestions are really appreciated.
Thanks Kenda

BayAreaMom
11-17-2006, 06:21 PM
Hi,
I have the Waltz and Maclaren Triumph (from BRU). I love the Triumph for it's size, fold, and steering. The drawbacks are that 1)small basket, and really hard to access (I've never even used it!) 2) tips over (when you take baby out) if you attach a bag to the handles and 3) wheels hit the canopy when you fold it, so the canopy gets dirty from the wheels.

We keep the waltz in one car, and the triumph in another, so i think it's definately nice to have both. I can't say though if i would have bought it if i knew i needed a double soon. I think i might have tried to just live with the waltz as the triumph has some serious limitations with not being able to accomodate a diaper bag (either hanging off it or in the basket). With 2 kids your bag will be even bigger!

tjteems
11-17-2006, 08:35 PM
I agree with waiting if you can. I was in your same situation. I ended up getting an older version of the volo to save money to use on planes. It weighs next to nothing and with an older toddler, recline isn't an issue. Of course, once my second was born the volo has not been used. But, it is in the closet for future use. Just my 2 cents.

mommabear
11-18-2006, 09:41 AM
Thanks ladies. I think I will have to get something for the plane but I will keep looking.