PDA

View Full Version : Help choosing stroller for newborn through toddler

KFG
11-19-2006, 10:18 PM
I am about to become a new mom in March and am looking for a stroller. I know that I don't want a travel system - they are too big, bulky, and heavy, IMO. We were thinking of getting a Bugaboo but weren't sure about spending all that money. The positive in it for us, is that you can carry the seat around. That works for us because we will be using a convertible car seat instead of an infant carrier. This way we would still have a place to put the baby if we went out to dinner. Then we thought about the BumbleRide or Inglesina. We also like the Maclaren stroller but I know it's not for infants. There are so many options, I thought I would ask you for some advice.

Here's what we are looking for:
*stroller that has great turning radius
*Not too heavy
*able to be used from newborn through toddler stages
*would love a pram but that is not a deal breaker

Does anyone have any suggestions?

TIA!

nfowife
11-19-2006, 11:45 PM
You can use the Mac Techno from birth. The problem with the pram bed is that it has very limited use- at most 4-5 months. Then you are stuck with the stroller for a looooong time. I'd go with the P3 (coming out with the pramette in the next 2 months, which isn't removable but still a pram style on the stroller), bugaboo, rock star baby. But if you are in and out of the car a bunch the 2 part fold can get annoying- that's why it's a great city stroller.
The Zippy is a good choice as well, I believe there is a pram option currently or one is coming. The P3 also has the navetta pram bed too, if you can find it online somewhere. The bumbleride is BIG.

new_mommy25
11-20-2006, 07:38 PM
I have been in love with my P3 since the day I got it. It has held up great and we seriously beat it. The sun shade is awesome. The adjustable harness and snack tray with sippy cup holder are also perfect. The basket is plenty big. The stroller is non tippy. It can take an infant car seat.

I bought the stroller in 2003 and used it a lot. It stayed in the garage for about a year when I switched to an umbrella but pulled it out again when my DD was born. Now DD rides in the stroller. DS walks or he catches a ride on the foot board. If DS gets tired I stick him in the stroller and I sling DD. We don't own a double stroller and so far I haven't missed it.

LarsMal
11-20-2006, 09:32 PM
I also highly recommend the P3. I got one for DS and I haven't had any problems with it. I couldn't do without the great sunshade or snack tray. I used a Graco Snugride with it, and it worked out well. If we took the stoller into a restaurant we would fold it up and just take the carseat to the table (or just pull the whole thing up to the table if it we could).

I have a friend who got the Bugaboo and ended up getting the P3 as her "car stroller". The Bugaboo just became too much to take apart and put back together every time she wanted to get in and out of the car.

Good luck!

LarsMal
11-20-2006, 09:34 PM
I also highly recommend the P3. I've had mine for a year and a half now, and I haven't had any problems with it. I couldn't do without the great sunshade and snack tray. I used a Graco Snugride with it, and it worked out well. If we took the stroller into a restaurant we would fold it up and just take the carseat to the table (or just pull the whole thing up to the table if we could).

I have a friend who got the Bugaboo and ended up getting the P3 as her "car stroller". The Bugaboo just became too much to take apart and put back together every time she wanted to get in and out of the car.

Good luck!

KFG
12-01-2006, 11:43 PM
I have 2 friends who have the P3 and neither are crazy about it. They both (and they don't even know eachother!) said something about the straps being too small and the baby can lean forward too much. I am not sure. One of them said they would show me what they meant when I came over next.

I did get to see the Rock Star Baby stroller which was reviewed very well by strollerqueen. It workds like a dream so that is now a contender. I am still in love with the Bugaboo but am not ready to srop $800 on a stroller when I don't even have a baby yet. Is the stroller as important of an item as I think it is? I've spent mroe time researching the stroller than anything else this pregnancy!

strollerqueen
12-02-2006, 12:52 AM
Take comfort in the fact that you are not alone! Most people say they spend more time researching strollers than cars, lol! And yes, I am still using the RSB/Infinity, and still loving it! :)

Niki_n_Abby
12-04-2006, 10:28 AM
Just a note about having a place for baby in a restaurant. I hate carrying babies in car seats. The stroller or just carrying them is much easier. I take my stroller into restaurants and it takes up no more room(sometimes less) then the car seat perched on top of a holder or high chair.

Niki