PDA

View Full Version : Mac Twin Techno for Newborn & Toddler?

JustMare
11-20-2006, 11:14 AM
So now we decided to get the Mac Twin Techno and wait until the new 2007 P&T comes out next Spring/Summer.

I'm just concerned how the Mac Twin Techno will be for the newborn. I never used my Techno when my son was an infant, I used the carseat with the Kolcraft carseat stroller. I plan to purchase the JJ Cole body support for added comfort.

Anyone put a newborn directly into a Mac Techno? How was your experience?

(FYI- live in NYC, walk everywhere, can't use the carseat stroller this time around, need a seat for DS)

Thanks,
Mare

heatherlynn
11-20-2006, 01:12 PM
It will be fine for a newborn. I think some kind of support like you mentioned is a good idea, though. I'm just curious though - we were in NYC last weekend and I saw lots of Mac doubles, but only 1 Inglesina Twin Swift. I would think the TS would be better than the Mac since it has 3 handles as well as "all-wheel" suspension. The TS says from 3-4 months on up, but I'd have no problem putting a newborn in it w/ a Snuzzler. Anyway, like I said - just curious!

H-
Heather
dd 3/98
ds 8/04
dd 11/05

JustMare
11-20-2006, 03:48 PM
For some reason the Twin Swift is just not popular in NYC. EVERYONE has Maclarens. I have two (Techno and Quest) and am very happy with them that's why I decided to go with the Twin Techno. I don't think I've ever seen a Twin Swift in person.

At my son's nursery school it's a Maclaren parking lot!

Mare

dscollier3
11-21-2006, 02:13 AM
Maclaren just has better distribution, so they are more easily found for purchase, IMO. I agree with Heather though, the Twin Swift is the better of the two (between that and the Twin Techno). I had the Twin Techno, used it for an hour with a 38lb DS and 26lb DD. It gave me a major back ache and I really wished for a middle handle. I tried a Twin Swift after that, kept it and used it on a 10 day vacation that included all kinds of terrain. The Twin Techno got sold on Craigslist. The Twin Swift did SOOO much better with the weight of the kids. I'm sure the Techno is fine with lighter weight riders but when they get heavier, the Twin Swift is better. The recline is great, the wheels are larger I think, and the suspension works really well. Oh, and I used the middle handle almost unconciously, reaching for it many, many times to push and hang things on. Just my 2¢.

Sharon