PDA

View Full Version : Does a folded Duoglider or Peg Aria Twin fit into Honda Accord trunk?

patent_girl
11-21-2006, 12:01 PM
I have a 2000 honda accord ex, and the trunk is basically the same size as those on present models. Right now, my graco Quattro tour, when folded, seems to take up quite a bit of the trunk.

I'm hoping to put off the SUV/minivan purchase as long as possible, but the only reason I'd have to consider it right away is if I can't even fit a double stroller in there.

I'm considering double strollers that will be used in March for my older child who'll be 21 mos at that time and my newborn to be born in March. So far, I'm looking at the duoglider (which would be able to hold my existing Snugride carseat) and/or the Peg aria twin, which has full recline for the infant and seems amazingly light and easy to steer. I would mostly be using this shopping/errands and on walks on paved surfaces. Any advice appreciated!

Patent_girl

Piglet
11-21-2006, 03:15 PM
Okay - much cheaper solution that buying a new car... change your stroller choices! The Duoglider is a bear to steer, takes up the entire trunk of most cars and weighs a ton. The Aria is much smaller, lighter and will take a carseat in the 60/40 split style. The other option is wear the baby in a sling/carrier and use a single. Last option is find a great double that folds nice and small and leaves room for groceries (i.e. Maclaren umbrella fold). I opted for options 2 and 3. I have a single that I love so DS1 walked while DS2 rode or DS1 rode and I had DS2 in a Bjorn. Whenever I needed both kids in a stroller (around nap time or in a crowded mall), I had a Maclaren in the trunk as well. It took up so little space and it was nice to have the option when I needed it. I drove a Mazda Protege, BTW. Now with a 3rd kid on the way... we bought a minivan!