PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Pliko P3 - when do they come out / differences from 2006?

Neptune
11-21-2006, 12:11 PM
Does anyone know when the 2007's come out, usually? Also, other than colors, does anyone know if they are changing much about the stroller?

I'm due in Jan and not sure if it's worth waiting or just get a 2006 now.

Thanks!

nfowife
11-21-2006, 01:54 PM
They are making some changes, you can find out about them by reading strollerqueen's 2007 preview at strollerqueen.com . In any case, you might want to wait until they come out (due later this month/next month) because even if you want a 2006, the price will likely drop with the release of the 07's.

Neptune
11-21-2006, 07:42 PM
Thank you Margaret. I did check out the website you mentioned. I couldn't find her review though. I saw her message about new 2007 stuff, but it looks like you have to paypal her money to read a review? I've never heard of such a thing.

You bring up a good point about waiting though, so I can either check out the news models or maybe get a 2006 for cheaper.

Thanks again!

strollerqueen
11-22-2006, 02:05 AM
It's actually more like an online magazine. It is a review of ALL the 2007 models, from about 40 different manufacturers. And then there are several models within each line. There are 10 pages with at least 200 pictures, and interviews with all the CEO's of the companies. It was a lot of work, and took a lot of time. I do have individual reviews and tests of several new models on strollerqueen.com and those are all free.

dscollier3
11-22-2006, 03:15 AM
I'd have to recommend reading the www.strollerqueen.com 2007 review too. It's the only place on the web with consolidated, accurate information on what's coming up in 2007. It's well worth the meger price, IMO. If I had to spend three days taking pictures, interviewing people, walking miles in a convention hall and then hours and hours translating it all into a web site for other people to use as a resource, I think I'd want to charge more than $6.50! The alternative is waiting for the manufacturers to put info on their sites, or call them all for advance info, if they'll give it to you. Either one of those would take lots more time worth much more than $6.50, IMO. Just my 2¢.

HTH, Sharon

Neptune
11-22-2006, 11:27 AM
Thank you for telling more about the stroller queen information. I had never heard of stroller queen until now and had no idea how it worked, so when I went to the site, I just expected to get a review, as you do with most products.

I agree the price is well worth the effort of the review magazine, now that it's been explained. Again, I had no idea what this even was. All I thought was, pay for a review, such as an Amazon review or something like that. I don't want to come across sounding "cheap". Again, I just didn't know.

I am 100% decided on the P3, just a matter of getting a 2006 or 2007. This is my second child and we have a total of 4 strollers from my first, who is too old for strollers now. The P3 will be my "everyday" stroller, such as what stays in the car for the mall trips, etc. We have a jogger, pram, and mac as well. Also have a Combi ultra savvy which I can't stand, which is why I'm getting the P3 this time.

Thanks again for the strollerqueen details. I appreciate it.

dscollier3
11-23-2006, 02:34 AM
No problem, glad it helped to have it explained. Maybe we should all call it a 2007 sneak peek, since that's a bit more of what it is. Since the trade show Janet (SQ) goes to is not open to the public, most of us have no way of accessing info on what is around the corner for the stroller manufacturers. SQ's Review is really helpful in answering your exact question "should I wait a little bit for something I will like better, and how do I know that that might be?" I really don't know of any other place to get consolidated advance info on all the major stroller companies at once. Very cool.

I'm sure you'll be happy with your new P3, tons of people totally love theirs. Must be a reason, huh? Sounds like it will round out your stroller options nicely. Enjoy!

Sharon