PDA

View Full Version : Stroller misery -- please advise

hillview
11-21-2006, 08:36 PM
Bad day -- nanny complained about the stroller for the 100th time. DS is 16 months old. We have a Quinny Buzz and it keeps having issues (a screw comes off every month -- not an exaggeration and the wheels squeak every month so I oil it). We got the stroller in Germany and well it is time to move on. Also our nanny HATES this stroller. We had a Zooper Waltz which broke. We also have a Quinny Zapp which I love for travel. We live in Boston, do a lot of city walking (think snow etc). I am annoyed that I think we need a new single stroller because we are trying for #2 but well, best laid plans etc. DS sleeps in his stroller at nap time (I KNOW this is bad but it works KWIM? He does sleep through the night in his crib!), he is BIG like 35 inches and counting big so need something that he can be in and be comfy. Expect he will be in a stroller for at least another year (ok really no idea but doesn't this sound right?).

I am considering the MBUS.
I do NOT like the P&T (zippers annoy me).
I won't pony up the $ for a Bug and EVERYONE has them around here which is annoying.
Other thoughts?

THANKS!
/hillary

bubbaray
11-21-2006, 11:41 PM
I'd go with either a BOB Revolution or a BJCS. We have an MBUS and a BOB Revolution and much prefer the BOB. My DD d/n nap in the stroller anymore, but the '07 BOBs will have a full recline.

HTH

Melissa

DD#1: 04/2004

http://bd.lilypie.com/SasRm7.png

strollerqueen
11-22-2006, 01:53 AM
Were you looking for a reversible, or forward facing?

hillview
11-22-2006, 07:46 AM
Forward facing or no preference.
Thanks!
/hillary

strollerqueen
11-22-2006, 09:03 PM
Hi Hilary!

Well, I suppose there is a reason that Boston is the "pram capital" of the US. At least, I see more prams coming from there than anywhere else! They are very sturdy, have great suspension, and can glide through snow and over cobblestones. So that would probably be my first choice. But I think the MBUS would do well fo you, too. It would certainly fold easier for the car. I think you need to look for something that is heavy duty, has good shocks/suspension, and larger air tires or pram wheels--i.e. 12".