PDA

View Full Version : Inglesinia Trip vs. Mac Techno Classic

brookemd
11-26-2006, 09:55 PM
I'm looking to get a lightweight stroller for an upcoming trip and to have on hand. Our son is 7 months old and we have a P3 as our primary stroller. I want that seems a bit less fragile for the trip and that will be a smaller umbrella stroller. Anyway, we're looking at the Inglesinia Trip and the Mac Techno Classic. I can get them for about the same $$ and they seem to weigh about the same. Anyone give me any feedback or thoughts on one vs the other?

Thanks!

dscollier3
11-27-2006, 10:53 AM
They are both good strollers and will both push easily. The recline might be a tad deeper on the Techno, but I'm not sure on that. For me, I tend to like the way the footrest extends on the Trip better than the Maclaren's, the Trip has levers that click up or down whereas the Techno has extention bars that pull out. That's a knit-picky point though, IMO. :-) The main difference between the Inglesina Trip and any Maclaren is the tippiness. If that doesn't bother you with the Macs, then get the Techno if you like the looks better. If you don't want a really easily tippy umbrella stroller though, then go with the Trip, or check out the Inglesina Urbe for a more plush non-tippy umbrella stroller. It's heavier though...

HTH, Sharon

P.S. Just to be clear here, since it sounds like you might not have had an umbrella stroller before... Any umbrella stroller will tip with lots of weight on the back. The Maclaren's are known for tipping backward with even a reasonably weighted diaper bag on the back, which is frustrating. The Trip does not tip with a normally packed diaper bag on hanging on the back, and I like that.