PDA

View Full Version : Fisher Price Sit & Stand vs Joovy Caboose........

DustysSweety03
11-27-2006, 12:43 AM
Just wondering if the Fisher Price is always hard to push?
We tested one at BRU today and it was so stiff and hard to turn and even push, even my strong dh said it was a pain to push. So we are sorta leaning toward the Joovy.

I have a 3yr old and a 6month old.

HallsofVA
11-27-2006, 01:17 PM
I tested one at our BRU just the other day and I had a similar experience. It was really hard to push at first, then I realized that one of the front wheels hadn't swiveled around fully, and one of the back wheels was locked. Once I got that straightened out it was easier to push, (though in a tank sort of way) but like everyone else, the thing just seemed so heavy that I can't imagine having to move it around or push it anywhere for any amount of time, especially with two kids in it.

I really liked the "look" of this stroller when it was first introduced this spring, and had been waiting for it's October reintroduction to see it in real life. I have to admit I was a bit disappointed.

That said, though the Joovy was much easier to push in comparison, DH and I didn't like the way the back seat/area was configured and it didn't look like it would work for use with a car seat and a toddler. Didn't look like there'd be room for the toddler with the carseat in the front. Don't know if you'd have the same issue or not since your kids are older, but it's something to consider if you haven't. Course you could probably put your kids in to try it out in person. I think that's why we've decided to wait on a sit and stand type stroller for the time being.

DustysSweety03
11-27-2006, 01:22 PM
We tested the joovy at bru and our 3yr old loved sitting in the back and our 6month old liked being in the front. I just wish BRU sold it in another color than red.