PDA

View Full Version : Okay...TOO MANY CHOICES! Zippy v. P3 v. Cortina v. C1 v. Valco Roundabout v. Zooper Boogie??

cmjnc
11-27-2006, 09:59 PM
I am so overwhelmed!

I have seen the Zippy, P3 and Cortina in person. I liked them all, I honestly don't see how I will compare. I do like how the Zippy folds up with literally one movement, but other than that!

I have not seen a C1 except on the Internet. I have also not seen a Valco or Zooper in person, but I guess I was wondering if there is a stroller that could be all-in-one: great for mall trips, etc. plus great for power walking. Could a Valco or a Zooper be that type of stroller?

Any opinions would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you!

ellies mom
11-28-2006, 02:21 AM
I have both the Zippy and the Roundabout. I love them both but I do not think either is an all-in-one. And honestly, I really do not think there is one.

The Zippy (and the P3) make great "car" strollers. They fold and unfold quickly and do not take up a lot of trunk space. They are great indoors and also handle shorter outdoor errands. They make a fairly good stroller for zoo type things as well. They are not good for outdoor power walks. They are also not very good over anything resembling rough terrain, not even overly rough sidewalks.

The Roundabout is a great power walker. It handles all sorts of terrrain like a dream. I love this for long walks and trips to the zoo. If I'm going to be outside a lot and need a stroller this is the one I grab. That said, while it isn't difficult to fold, it is definately more involved than the Zippy and P3. I would hate to have to fold and unfold it more than once or twice during a trip. It also takes up a huge amount of trunk space. It does handle very easily at the mall but it has a fairly wide wheelbase (I have the Tri-mode) so narrow aisles can be difficult to navigate. Also, because of the bulky fold, it wouldn't be as public transportation friendly as the Zippy.

I hope that helps some.

lilac0422
11-28-2006, 11:06 AM
I have the C1 and I love it. I wasn't able to see it IRL before I bought online but it was on sale at Albee for $169.99. I figured for that price, even if I didn't love it, I would like it enough. Well it turns out that I love it. I can only compare it to the P3 because I haven't seen the Zippy either. I liked it better than the P3 because it feels more sturdy. The C1 isn't as plasticky for lack of a better word. Considering that the C1 only weighs 2 lbs more than the P3 and the same as the Zippy (according to strollerqueen), I think it is a nice solid stroller that does not get enough attention...ha ha. I can easily lift it in and out of my SUV.

I liked two things better about the P3, the floating harness and the adjustable handles. And I think I will be able to live without those two things. Good luck...I find choosing a stroller to be one of the toughest baby gear choices.

Also, someone can correct me if I am wrong, but the C1 folds just like the P3. Very easy but not really one handed. The Zippy wins the fold but every stroller has pros and cons.

jvvstemps
11-28-2006, 08:16 PM
I have the Cortina travel system and I've been very happy with it. The only thing I would change is the weight and I wish the basket was a bit bigger. It's easy to fold and unfold, the seat recline is great and it steers pretty well. I love that is has a snack tray for dd and the parent "tray" is great as well. There is a cup holder and a little compartment to put things like keys, spare pacifiers and a travel size sunblock.
If you have any specific questions on the Cortina, I'd be happy to answer them.

Julie