PDA

View Full Version : Which stroller for Disney? Do I really need a twin or toddler board?

cdlamis
11-28-2006, 01:45 AM
I have been obsessing over what to bring with us to Disneyland next week. I have a Mac Techno and a Mac Twin. I have a few options:

1. Bring the Techno and sling my 2 yr old when the 4 yr old needs a break from walking.
2. Bring the Mac Twin. Probably the most comfortable. But it seems so bulky and hard to maneuver around large crowds and I don't want it to get damaged or stolen.
3. Rent a double stroller in the park.
4. Or I could buy a new stroller with a toddler board (by selling my Mac TT)

Any ideas? This is our first trip to Disney with both girls and I don't want to regret my stroller choice once we arrive.

ETA one more choice
Thanks!
Daniella
Mom to Julia 6/02
and Bella 12/04

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif

parker10302
11-28-2006, 02:29 AM
We have season passes, and each time we've gone so far we take a different set-up. For a full day we definitely take the double or two strollers, I don't let my four-year walk unless it really isn't crowded, I like that both kids are contained and safe! For a double I prefer our Valco to our Mac TT. It is large to manuever and it gets a bit tiring dodging so many people. Our last visit I took my Bug Cameleon with the toddler board. This was much easier than the double. When DH goes with us we take two singles(bug & Mac quest), as this seems to be the easiest set-up. I hope I haven't confused you more!! It's late & time for bed!
Have fun!

Nicole

mommy to
Grace 10/02
Emelia 4/05

dscollier3
11-28-2006, 11:56 AM
We have annual passes too. My riders are 5 and 2. If we are staying all day, I take the BJCSD because my 5yo will need a seat by late afternoon for sure. By the end of the day there, I always see many older children in rented strollers. It's just tons of walking. A board would work if you were going to leave late afternoon, but part of the fun of Disneyland at this time of year is the lights after dark.

I always see lots of Mac twins there, so don't worry about taking it if you want to. IMO, that would be far better than the Techno/sling option. 2yo's get very heavy in slings after a bit. I walked a half a mile with my 2yo falling asleep in a sling last week, ended up with a nice back ache. She's too heavy for lots of sling time now. Just my 2¢.

HTH, Sharon

mlptulsa
11-29-2006, 07:24 AM
I have been to Disney MANY times with several of 5 kids and I have to say that if you are staying on property or will be taking shuttles the easiest thing to do is rent a double stroller there. I have lugged, folded, unfolded and schlepped every single or double stroller I have trying to make life easier and I finally loved life when I left them in the hotel room!

HTH!

Molly

Momof3Labs
11-29-2006, 08:45 AM
I'd bring a single and rent another when your older DD gets tired and needs a lift (expect that she will on most long days at the parks - it's a LOT of walking). If you just rent a double, you won't have a stroller while walking to the bus, waiting for the bus, then walking to your room at night - when the kids are most tired and may even fall asleep. A toddler board isn't enough for a tired kiddo.

Or I'd bring the twin - maneuvering a double rental wouldn't be any easier than maneuvering your Mac twin, and rentals get "stolen" a lot more than personal strollers. If you are worried, bring a bike lock to lock through two wheels when you park it.

cdlamis
11-29-2006, 09:51 AM
>Or I'd bring the twin - maneuvering a double rental wouldn't
>be any easier than maneuvering your Mac twin, and rentals get
>"stolen" a lot more than personal strollers. If you are
>worried, bring a bike lock to lock through two wheels when you
>park it.

I think I have decided to bring the twin. Will it be too crowded to maneuver it around people or will it be fine? I guess if people rent doubles, then it should be fine.

Daniella
Mom to Julia 6/02
and Bella 12/04

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif

jray
11-29-2006, 04:10 PM
What are the double strollers like at Disney? (that you can rent?) If you take your own, do you put a lock on it?

jeminaal
11-29-2006, 10:45 PM
Good choice. We ALWAYS bring our Mac TT whenever we go to Disneyland and don't have any problems with maneuvering it around.

Just a heads up, though. Our first Mac TT was stolen from Disneyland during Labor Day Weekend 2005 (day one of a four day vacation). Maybe it was just bad luck for us. We'd been going there for years, bringing various strollers and never locking it up, but I guess it was our time. The odds are in your favor that the stroller won't get stolen, but keep in mind that it does happen.

We now lock the replacement Mac TT we bought after our first one disappeared. We use a 6 ft thin cable and lock and we thread the cable through the wheels and stroller so it's extremely difficult to close up or push. Takes a minute to do it, but it does give us a little peace of mind. Locking it this way allows the cast members working there to be able to move it aside for whatever reason, but it would discourage potential thieves from taking ours. We're definitely in the minority...I don't see many other people locking their strollers, but once bitten, twice shy. I can't afford an new TT, LOL!

BTW...There are no double strollers for rental at the Disneyland Resort. They only have singles for $8/day, or free if you have a Disney Visa Card.

Jeanette
(formerly known as jeanmick, member since Feb 2003)

DD Born Christmas Eve
DS Born Valentine's Day

dscollier3
11-30-2006, 11:29 AM
I should add that when we do Disneyland, we never take the trams from the parking lots or structures. It's a nice walk into the park and it's much easier for us than waiting in line, getting the kids out to fold up the stroller, etc... The only have two cars on each tram that can fit the strollers on, so there's always the longest wait for those cars. We just walk the path to the park and get there sooner with less hassle.

HTH, Sharon