PDA

View Full Version : Should I wait for the 2007 Zippy or grab a 2006 at a discount?

awindram
11-29-2006, 11:54 AM
After weeks of internet searching for the perfect stroller I think I've finally decided on a Zippy. The one handed close and open sealed the deal for me. I'll have an almost 4 year old DD when the new baby comes in Feb, so I will really appreciate the convenience.

So my question is, should I get a 2006 Zippy now while they are discounted ($265) or wait for the 2007? I read Strollerqueen's review of the 2007 Zippy which say it will have new wheels and a larger basket. That sounds great since squeaky wheels and a small basket were the two biggest complaints that people were posting about the Zippy. (Well, I guess kicking the wheels was also a big complaint- but I'm 5'2" so I don't think it will be a problem). I would love to know if the wheels are significantly better and the basket significantly bigger, in other words, worth paying more for the 2007. Has anyone seen a 2007 in real life or know what they will retail for?

Also, does anyone have any experience with the Zippy bassinet? Love it? Hate it? Can it be used outside of the stroller sort of like a moses basket? My DD sat up at 5 months, so I'm guessing this baby will probably do the same. I'll be pretty bummed to spend $170 on it, for only 5 months of use only in the stroller.

Any info about the 2007 Zippy is greatly appreciated!

nbs2
11-29-2006, 04:32 PM
I would try out the 06 if you can and see how you feel. If the basket is big enough for you - then go for the savings.

That being said, I would wait a couple of months. That way I can pick one up more easily. ;) Actually, we are looking right now and there are a few that come and go for good prices around the internet. I would expect the 06s to drop a little more when the 07s start to hit shelves - but depending on the fabric you are looking for, they may be all gone (we are struggling to locate our choice).

awindram
11-30-2006, 09:35 AM
Yeah, I think that's what I'm going to do- Just wait it out a little longer. I'm going to be buying this over the internet so returning it could be a huge hassle. And if I did return a 2006, by the time I paid shipping to return it really wouldn't be such a great deal. I'm also worried about not getting a decent fabric chioce if I wait too long.

I saw Strollerqueen's pictures of the 2007 Zippy and I couldn't see the rear toddler step! But then again the photo wasn't really at the right angle. Does anyone know anything about this?

nbs2
11-30-2006, 11:05 AM
>I'm also worried about not getting a
>decent fabric chioce if I wait too long.
>
>I saw Strollerqueen's pictures of the 2007 Zippy and I
>couldn't see the rear toddler step! But then again the photo
>wasn't really at the right angle. Does anyone know anything
>about this?

I haven't heard anything about losing the rear step - from my converation with the Inglesina folks, they are pretty much the same as the 06s.

Which fabric are you looking for? I'll keep an eye out and let you know if I see any deals.

rl42382
12-01-2006, 01:00 PM
hi i have the zippy 06 in aqua the new zippy is avaliable on wwww.kiwi-kid.com the colors are very nice but so far the only change is the colors. a dark chacole gray base for the frame and color fabric and the shoulder straps are now padded again. the 04 version had that. the basket dosen't look that much bigger and i think the wheels don't look that different from the 06 version. i never had a problem loading my zippy basket i one fit 3 dozen eggs 3 -5 gallons of milk cheese and 2 64 oz bottles of juice in all in one time.also my wheels never squeeked my husbansd is 5'6 and i am 5 feet and we never kicked the wheels. so far from what i saw and read no new features for the zippy. the toddler stand it isn't as big as the p3 one but i like the zippy better. the toddler stand is not accessable with either the zippy or p3 when reclined with the car seat, bassinet, or if the baby is laying recined. plus i am due to have baby # 2 in jan and just ordered the bassinet for the 06 version. the store also told me valco and siver cross make bassinet stands. i ordered the valco one because it fits the zippy i will let others know how i like it. so far i like the 06 colors so i think if you like the colors get which ever one if you want the 06 bassinet hurry because they are running low also kiwi kid is selling it either seperatly or you can buy the 06 zippy= bassinet for b/t 350-400 ithink pluse they do run coupons or discounts from time to time they just had a 15 or 25 dollor off coupon plus free ship and the owner was a plesure to deal with. hope this helps the plan is to use the bassinet in the stroller or for the hose on the stand. if you like that set up the peg prego company is introducing to the us market the pramett i wanted to get it 2 years ago but at that point it was only avaliable in europe. a bassinet setup that reverses to the p3 style stroller. i liked it because it has the umbrella handels so that is new for 07 in the us market.

nbs2
12-04-2006, 11:56 AM
Quick update - I went the an eBay seller that was recommended somewhere else on the boards - thestore4u. I won the Ardesia Zippy NIB for 219. I haven't paid yet (I just won last night and am hoping that since we are 5-10 miles away they will let me meet them rather than paying for shipping), and thus don't have it yet. But, so far so good. I'll update later with more info.

EDIT: They ship out of a warehouse, and I guess are seperated enough from their retail stores that they won't do pickups. A bit disappointing since they are so close to us, but still a fair deal - $243 and change for a new stroller.

The Review Mommy
12-04-2006, 03:31 PM
Hi Neil! :)
How are you and Lori doing?
I'm glad you won the Zippy!

Rebekah

pdesai2019
12-05-2006, 10:24 PM
I am confused as well. I did all the research and was ready to buy Zippy 2006 stroller and discovered that 2007 is out. So far, I have not been able to determine the difference between 2006 and 2007 models. Whats worst, some web sites don't even mention the model year.

Inglesina web site is down stating with message stating "We are updating the site with the new collection 2007", unbelievable.

Does anyone have any information on the 2007 models? Is it worth waiting? Our due date for baby boy is first week of January.

rl42382
12-06-2006, 06:46 AM
rachel l.

the 07 is out kiwi kids shows it they tell you it is the 07 model.the colors look very cool so if you want the colors and don't mind paying full price of over 300 you can get it there are very few differences except for the fact that the base color whent from from a light silver to charchole gray and now includes padding on the sholder straps. thats the only difference i saw on line. good luck i know when my husband broke our 04 zippy wheel last yearit got caught in the trunk closure i decided to get the 06 and i whent to a local baby store in the area and they sold it for 299 even though lots of places on line had it for 339 so i figured the 05 1/2 was 259 and i wanted the tray that came already with the stroller so opted to take it over the older model personally i tend to go for the neutral colors not flashy or trendy shades because i want it to last and i don't like to invest in multiple strollers. i have one zippy 06 in aqua as my one and only and i just ordered the bassinet plus the valco bassinet stand to hold it. i also need a double stroller for after febuary we customerelly don't buy anything until the baby is born unless it will cause a big financial loss and i can't store it in my house because it is n't good luck so i prepaide and they hold off on delivery untill i need it. i am looking into the valoc trimode double as my main double. in harliquen black.

pdesai2019
12-06-2006, 07:25 PM
Thanks Racehl. I think I will buy the 2006 model and not wait. I found Zippy stroller at Costco.com for $199.99. Unfortunately, it does not say if it is 2006 or 2007 model and only one color is in stock. Not to crazy about the color but I can always return it as their return policy is the best.

awindram
12-06-2006, 08:37 PM
The Zippy at Costco.com is a 2005 and 1/2 (the navy and pink one). They show a blue one also, but if you click on the drop down menu to order you will see that you can't (its not in stock). The blue one is a 2005 and significantly different from the 2005 and 1/2. The 2005 and 1/2 added underseat storage and a parent cup holder. It does NOT have the snack tray which was added with the 2006 model. (You can buy one from Kiwi Kids for $20 though) Look closely at the picture of the lighter blue Zippy on the Costco website and you will se what I'm talking about. Still, a good deal considering it includes shipping and Costco's awesome return policy.

pdesai2019
12-07-2006, 12:10 AM
I should've called Costco and asked what year the stroller was. I had no idea there was 2005 and 1/2. My wife and I aren't sure if we will like the color so we may end up taking it back but I rather not. Researching sure takes lot out of us and were both little frustrated. Thank you so much for all the useful information. I am gald you told me about the snack tray. I absolutely would have fricked out after opening the box and finding no snack tray. Now I know there is an option if we decide to keep it.

rl42382
12-07-2006, 11:39 AM
rachel l.

the blue and pink one on costco.com is the 05 1/2 which is only missing the snack tray so if you buy it you don't really lose out on any majore features like the 04 and 05 do because 05 1/2 have thee newwer wheel style and cup holder/ rain cover, and toddler stand when i wanted last febuary the zippy i opted for the 06 because they had added the snack tray and it had just come out so they hadn't started selling the piece seperatly. so i decided on the 06 version for that main reason and the price was 259 for the 05 1/2 and 299 for the 06 i bought it in a local store in the area because at that point ebay was asking more with shippibng and tax then i ended up paying locally but we live in brooklyn new york so there is lots of choice in regaurds to prices and price comparison on europian strollers.