PDA

View Full Version : New Peg P3 Color Padding.... is this possible

Aunt to sweet baby boy
12-04-2006, 02:09 AM
We currently have a Mint P3, i believe it is the 2006 model. The material is looking pretty worn and avi is obsessed with the color orange so i was wondering about the $ of buying a new set of padding. I looked on the Peg website but i did not see anything. I thought i saw a post about it over here but i might be wrong.

Additionally is all of the seat and padding removable to wash? Avi ate a muffin in the stroller this morning and alot of it ended up on the seat, a LOT.

Thanks

Ilana, aka Nana to my sweet nephew Avi

http://lilypie.com/pic/061128/V76Q.jpg[/img]http://b3.lilypie.com/wYA-m8/.png[/img][/url]

nfowife
12-04-2006, 08:13 AM
You can call peg's 800 number and they will give you prices on new upholstery sets. They are not cheap, just fyi! I would was it first and see how it turns out. I've washed my peg upholstery multiple times with no problems. It is snapped to the frame but it does come off, just take your time doing it. Wash on handwash/delicate cycle and hang to dry. For the hood, I scrub it with some detergent/water mix in the bathtub and leave it out to dry (don't put the hood in the machine, it will bend!). Just make sure you have 2 days or so where you don't need the stroller so it has time to dry! I've never had any damage when washing mine multiple times.

MommyAllison
12-04-2006, 08:26 PM
I think that you might find a set over on StrollerSwap (yahoo group - see Strollerqueen's siggy for the address) - and I believe they call them "skins". Maybe post an ISO over there? HTH!

Allison
Mama to DD 11/05

ShanaMama
12-04-2006, 10:57 PM
Don't have any info for you, but I'd be interested in what you decide. I have the Pliko Lite in Rose, which I *love*, but I can't tell you how many comments I've gotten that if I have a son next he can't use it. Don't they know that I'll want another stroller by then anyway?? (wink)
Sorry it's OT, but if you can order a new seat, pls update. Thanks!

strollerqueen
12-05-2006, 02:20 AM
Yes, you can buy the canopy and skins directly from Peg. But as the previous PP said, they are rather $$$. Sometimes people sell extra sets on Swap, or you can check Ebay. But they don't come up too often.

hobokenmom
12-05-2006, 06:32 AM
I have two covers and hoods for my p3, metallica and hip hop. They're very easy to take out and put in the washing machine on a handwash cycle. I also put the entire hood into the washing machine (plastic and all) and it's always come out just fine.

Another suggestion is to use Oxy upholstery cleaner (blue bottle with red spray nozzle and handle) on any tough stains. I found it to be really good.

Good luck.

I think the set of hood plus seat cover was about $140.