PDA

View Full Version : Zooper Tango for the car?

gel
12-04-2006, 09:55 AM
Hi - Any and all feedback appreciated. I have 2 month old twins and a two year old, live near Boston and have a minivan (what other choice was there...!?). For neighborhood walks I have a great all terrain - and ABC with toddler seat, and I need a double stroller for the car. Currently I have a Peg Duette, which was meant to be used as a glorified snap and go, but I really don't like it already, and also try to sling one of the babies as much as possible, so far now I can use a single, a sling, and get my 2 year old to walk. But I do need a more serviceble car stroller.

I had all but decided on a Mac Twin Techno (or Swift, but I'm afraid they feel kind of cheap and I can't check out IRL, and the Combi handles are too low for me), when I bumped into the Zooper Tango. I like the upright seats, the single handle bar since I also have a two year old and will need the one-handed steer), the bench seats (in a pinch maybe I could put a third little tush there?), the upright seats and the nice plush material.

BUT would it be crazy to use this soley as a car stroller? Is the fold too big? Would it be too inconvenient? What would the drawbacks be to using it for the car? And what about quality? Is Mac always the best choice for quality in the end? I want to make this decision once, and then have it last for years!

Until these babies were born I watched every penny, but right now I am prepared to spend to get the double that will make my life with this brood of teeny little people the easiest!

Oh, and are there any sbs doubles I don't know about? New ones for 2007?

Many thanks in advance.

mariza
12-04-2006, 12:12 PM
I don't think your crazy at all, I could be you!
I live outside of Boston, have the Tango and use it as my car stroller (lives in my mini-van).
I love it, it is not as compact as a Mac since it has the book fold, but it does fold really flat. I keep it in the back of my van and it does take up a lot of room, but I always manage to fit shopping bags back there with it.
I think I read that 2007 Tangos were coming out with 2 seperate hoods, but I'm not sure if this is true. The 2006's will be coming down in price as the 2007's come out.
I'm in the greater Boston area and would be happy to meet you somewhere if you want to check it out. Just PM me :)

Mariza
Mommy to my "Thing 1" DD 1/05
and "Thing 2" DS 9/06