PDA

View Full Version : Two youngsters.. do I need to keep my single strollers?

feierabend35
12-04-2006, 05:06 PM
I tried to search this in the forum but was lost on what to put in the search bar, so...

I am expecting my second child in March and my son will be 16 months. I'm looking at doubles and getting a decent one (or two) looks like it will be pretty pricey. I currently have the following strollers:
- Graco Snugride thing to hold the infant seat
-P3 that we keep in the car
-DD Manhattan that we use for walks & outdoors.

I am extremely happy with the P3 and DD for the purposes I use them for now, but I know I could sell them and get some $$ to put towards the double-- and justify spending a little more for a Jane Powertwin or a BJCSD (current favorites).

My big dilemma is, will I still use my singles? Anyone with two children, did you keep your single strollers and do you use them? I do wear my son once in a while, but I'm not a huge babywearer. I also don't want unused strollers sitting around cluttering up the garage. So, anyone have any advice on how much they've used their doubles vs. singles with two kids?

TIA for any help!

casey118
12-04-2006, 05:49 PM
I say keep your favorite single.
My DS are almost 2.5 years apart (so there is a bigger gap than your kids). Starting when my baby was about 1.5 years old I use my single far more than my double. It is rare that my older DS wants to ride, although if we are going to be out for very long, or if there is a lot of walking like to the zoo, I take the double just in case. But for quick trips out (mall, library, etc.) I only take the single. I have also used two singles when there are two adults and the double isn't very convenient.

heatherlynn
12-04-2006, 07:48 PM
My 2 youngest are 15 months apart and I rarely use a single. That being said, I do like to have one on hand besides my e3 w/ doubles kit. I currently keep in my car my e3 w/ doubles kit and a Venezia. My e3 is the stroller I end up using 95% of the time. I also have an MBUD for walks and longer outings and an Inglesina Twin Swift for traveling (not that I ever go anywhere, but you never know!). I just ordered an I'coo Pico 4 just because I want something a little more exciting than the Venezia although it works well for me when I just have one with me or if I'm just running in somewhere real quick (the footboard is bigger on the Venezia than the P3, plus my youngest can look at me which she likes to do).

Anyway, not sure this helps, but let me know if you have any other questions. Good luck!

H-
Heather
dd 3/98
ds 8/04
dd 11/05

gcampbell72
12-04-2006, 08:11 PM
I would certainly keep your P3. When your son gets older, he will be able to ride on the footboard. That will be great for quick errands where you don't want to deal with a cumbersome double stroller.

Cathy

C99
12-04-2006, 10:36 PM
I have two kids and I still use singles. In fact, I just sold my double because after my DD hit about 6 months, I MOSTLY used singles. Now that both kids are walking, I will often just take one stroller and they can take turns walking or sitting if they are tired.

I'd keep the P3 for sure because it has a footboard.