PDA

View Full Version : Phil & Ted's E3 -- adequate sun coverage?

alohacurry
12-04-2006, 11:22 PM
Aloha!

I'm looking for a double stroller (preferably an all-terrain style) for my infant & 2-1/2 year old. Right now I'm debating between the Phil & Ted's, Baby Jogger City Double & the Mountain Buggy Urban Double. But, I'm heavily leaning towards the Phil & Ted's due to the maneuverablity & weight.

My main concern is what seems to be lack of good sun coverage. My friend complains that in the infant position, the baby gets sun in her face. But, I was wondering if that is a problem for the child riding in the toddler seat in back as well. There is no canopy for the second seat. Or, does the front seat shield the sun from the person in back?

Good sun coverage is critical living in Hawaii since we will be using this stroller outdoor quite a bit.

Any feedback is appreciated.

strollerqueen
12-05-2006, 02:23 AM
Hey there again!

Yes, I think where you live, if you got it, you would need to buy their extra sun cover. You can see it under the accessories here:

www.regal-lager.com

All of the companies now make really nice sun canopies. So you should probably order one with whichever stroller you choose.

alohacurry
12-05-2006, 04:03 AM
Thanks StrollerQueen!

I've seen the UV covers for the main stroller. I would probably go with a Ray Shade (which I've used with my singles). But I'm more concerned with the toddler attachment - especially when it's attached underneath the stroller. Whoever rides in the back seems to be out of luck regarding any sort of sun protection. Am I mistaken?

strollerqueen
12-05-2006, 01:08 PM
No, you're not mistaken. The front seat does shade the rear seat to some extent, but not completely. And what about the rain? I think you would have to go with one of the drapey thingies, where you live. You may be better off with a SBS.

andie16
12-05-2006, 02:25 PM
I don't know about when the stroller is in the toddler/toddler set-up because we haven't done that yet, but for the infant/toddler set-up I use a drape that I bought at Target made by Eddie Bauer (I think) that was designed to be used as a sun cover for an infant carrier (like a Baby Bjorn). The cover has velcro that lines up with the velcro on the stroller and it the shape pretty much matches the shape of the opening at the back of the stroller. There is about a 4 inch gap at the top between the handle bar and where the drape starts that is perfect for peeking in at the baby and for allowing him to peek back. When the sun is not an issue I either take the whole thing off or just tuck it up on top of the handle bar/canopy of the front seat.