PDA

View Full Version : Is there a double joggert that will hold a tall 5 y/o?

Sophiesmamma
12-05-2006, 07:39 PM
I'm hoping someone here will say "YES!" :) I have a 5 1/2 year old (tall, but 42 lbs) and an 8 m/o and I need to get walking. Is there a double jogging stroller that will hold them both? The seats need to recline independently for the baby.

Thanks,

Tanja

strollerqueen
12-05-2006, 10:07 PM
Yes. But do you mean a fixed or swivel wheel jogger? For fixed, I like the Kool Stride Lil' Deuce. For swivel, the baby Jogger City Series Double. Other seats that are tall are the Dreamer, and the E3 Twin.

Sophiesmamma
12-06-2006, 12:01 AM
It could be either wheel type, but prob. fixed. My 5 y/o can walk or ride her bike, but then I can't walk at the speed I want/need to. I'll probably only be using this to go around the neighborhood to exersize, but it would be nice if it folded as small as possible in case I wanted to take it along somewhere or at least to take up as little space as possible in the garage when not in use.

What kind of stores would carry these in person so I could put my dd in it to see if it'll work?

TIA,

Tanja

strollerqueen
12-06-2006, 11:44 AM
Here is their website with a list of retailers. These are kind of easy to find gently used for a good price, too.

http://www.koolstop.com/DealersUS.html

dscollier3
12-07-2006, 03:22 AM
SQ already mentioned this one, but I have a tall 5yo that fits nicely in our BJCSD. It's swivel wheel in front, but if you decide you could go with swivels then the Baby Jogger is the one to check out IMO.

HTH, Sharon

Sophiesmamma
12-07-2006, 11:09 AM
Thanks Sharon,

Is there a difference/preference between swivel or fixed? I wouldn't be using it inside at all - strictly around the neighborhood.

Tanja

mommy2maya
12-08-2006, 09:47 AM
My 46" nearly 6yo fits great in the e3 Sbs.