PDA

View Full Version : What would you get?

Niki_n_Abby
12-06-2006, 09:14 AM
I'm in desparate need of advice. I have a 4 yr old dd(3 feet tall and 38 lbs) and a 4 month old dd. The 4 yr old still wants to ride in the stroll which I'm fine with as it keeps her contained. I currently have a Venezia that has been greatly abused and needs to be replaced, a Micro, and a jogger. Right now I wear the baby in a front carrier and 4 yr old is in a stroller. I really need a stroller that will accomodate both kiddos. I just don't know what to get!

Do I get a SNS and put up with the bulk? Do I get a Bugster(which I'm dying for) and footboard attachment and have 4 yr old stand on the back when I need to put baby in the stroller? That way I could just take off the footboard and still have a great single. Do I get a SBS double like a Mac Rally Twin or Techno Twin(or a less expensive alternitive if you can suggest one) and sell it if 4 yr old decides not to ride anymore? A P3 isn't an option as 4 yr old doesn't stand well on that footboard.

I just need something to accomodate both kids in most situations(doesn't have to be all terrain) and would be good to travel with(general travel and Disney).

Thanks for any help!!
Niki

psophia17
12-06-2006, 09:30 AM
I'm drooling over the Dreamer Design Manhattan Ditto
http://www.dreamerdesign.net/images/products/ditto_man_dlx.jpg

Maybe you could find something on Strollerswap? I headed there this week in a stroller dilemma and I have gotten tons of help.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/strollerswap

dscollier3
12-07-2006, 03:53 AM
Hi Niki,

How tall are you? It makes a difference in which strollers would be comfortable for you to push with a buggy board attached.

Sharon

Niki_n_Abby
12-07-2006, 09:22 AM
I'm 5'4" so not super tall but not really short. My 4 year old is only about 3'2" so she is pretty short. Do you think she would have the same problem with a buggy board as she does with the step on a P3?

I'll take any suggestion for any strollers you think would work:)

Niki

catfeet
12-09-2006, 03:41 PM
My 5yo still rides in our Rally Twin, but he's a shorty. You could try buying second hand/last year's model on ebay to keep the price down. I got ours for $50 with a mis-spelled auction search.

HTH,
Ann

neeleymartin
12-10-2006, 09:46 PM
What about the caboose stand on tandem. it has a stroller seat in the front and a platform in the rear to accommodate an older child. you could let your older child pick from the two colors so they feel like part of the decision. not really sure if that's what you wanted but another idea that was not already mentioned. looks really cool.

its available at babysupermarket.com

good luck. neeley