PDA

View Full Version : Stroller License Plate - How's My Nanny?

stonecali
12-06-2006, 02:03 PM
I am a SAHM, but if I had a nanny, this would interest me - a license plate for your stroller with a number on it and a link back to the website Howsmynanny.com - it is like when you are driving behind a semi and there is a "How's My Driving" sign on the back! You can report both praise or an incident. Very interesting to say the least. As a true stroller addict, I wonder how it would affect the stroller fold! hee hee

http://www.howsmynanny.com//aboutus.aspx

"One day while Jill was eating lunch on a park bench, she noticed two young girls playing on the jungle gym. The girls ran over to a woman who was engrossed in a book. Jill realized that this woman was their nanny and the toddlers were essentially unsupervised. Jill observed the girls play for nearly an hour as the nanny continued to read. These girls could have easily run off into the busy Manhattan streets or wandered off at the hand of a stranger. Jill wanted to communicate to the girls’ parents about the substandard care their daughters were receiving. But how? Who were these girls? As a working mother, Jill knew she would want to be notified if her nanny was being negligent."

tg_canada
12-07-2006, 11:16 AM
I couldn't find on the web site how it was installed. If it's just a couple of screws or clips, a neglectful nanny could just pull the thing off when she went out with the stroller and put it back on when she got back home.

ilovetivo
12-09-2006, 03:55 PM
7. Where on my stroller should the license plate go?
We recommend that you attach your plate to the lower front or lower side of your stroller in a location where there is a solid bar that does not bend when the stroller is collapsed.

8. What will prevent a nanny from covering or removing the license plate when she/he goes out?
Proper placement of the license plate, at the lower front or lower side of the stroller, will prevent the license plate from being covered. Each license plate comes with plastic cable ties used to attach the plate to the stroller. The cable ties lock so they cannot be removed unless they are cut off.

tg_canada
12-11-2006, 12:19 AM
>8. What will prevent a nanny from covering or removing the
>license plate when she/he goes out?
>Proper placement of the license plate, at the lower front or
>lower side of the stroller, will prevent the license plate
>from being covered. Each license plate comes with plastic
>cable ties used to attach the plate to the stroller. The cable
>ties lock so they cannot be removed unless they are cut off.

It's not too hard to cut cable ties and have a stack around to replace them. Not saying a nanny would go to all of this work, but if nanny knows that she is a crappy nanny, but wants to keep receiving the paycheque, it wouldn't be hard to do. Unless of course they are using some special cable ties that can't be purchased at your local hardware store.