PDA

View Full Version : Need help on what to do with my P-3.

tippy
12-09-2006, 04:12 AM
Hi Everyone,

I haven't been around in some time but was hoping you could provide me with some guidance on what to do with our Peg Perego 2003 P-3 Sportivo. Since AJ’s diagnosis of ASD my husband and I have made the difficult decision to not have any more children. We no longer use his stroller and would like to free up the much needed space it is taking up in the closet as well as raise some $$ to put toward his therapy.

The stroller is in very good condition and when purchased came with a rain cover, snack tray and water bottle holder.

I had ordered extra "parts" from Peg Perego that I never used:
2 New in the box extra sets of wheels (2 sets of four)
New in the package extra upholstery
New in the bag napper bar

I wasn't sure if I should try e-baying it (I HATE EBAY) or if there is another forum to sell strollers that was worth a try. Also was wondering if I did try e-bay, if I should auction everything all together or break the items into separate auctions. I also have absolutely no idea what to ask for a selling price or starting bid price. Please help!

I know there is a stroller swap which I used to subscribe to but wasn't sure if this was an item people would be interested in. I've been out of the stroller scene for some time now so any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Teva
Mom to DS born 1-8-03

nfowife
12-09-2006, 08:49 AM
If you live in a large metro area, it would probably be easiest to sell it via craigslist first- then you don't have to ship.
www.craigslist.org

2nd choice would be strollerswap- if your stroller is in good condition it would go fast, and you can sell the accessories seperately as well, the upholstery and napper bar especially would be popular:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/strollerswap

My last choice would be ebay, because it's more of a hassle overall. But you can sometimes get the most money from ebay so it depends.

tippy
12-10-2006, 01:01 AM
Thanks so much for your reply
I really appreciate your suggestions. Do you have any idea what would be a good asking price for the stroller and the accessories? (I am really clueless here). I'd love to get what I paid for the accessories because the are brand new but I'm not sure if that is realistic. The wheels on the stroller do show wear so I could either replace them with one of the new sets I have and sell it with "new wheels" or leave them on and try and sell the additional set. What do you think? Thanks again for your feedback.

Teva
Mom to DS born 1-8-03

nfowife
12-10-2006, 09:56 AM
I'd look on ebay for similar P3's (search under "completed listings") to get a good idea of the selling price. I'd just sell your current one as-is. The accessories I'd probably sell on strollerswap since you are likely to have people looking for them over there. If they are new/never used you can probably get a good 75% of what you paid for them, so people still are getting a discount vs. the retailer but you aren't losing too much. You can always lower the price if there are no takers.

tippy
12-10-2006, 01:05 PM
Thank you once again! I'll let you know how I make out!
Happy Holidays :)
Teva
Mom to DS born 1-8-03

Tondi G
12-12-2006, 08:33 PM
Hey what color is your upholstery??? I have a 05 P3 and our fabric has seen better days already! We were thinking of getting a new set! Lemme know!

~Tondi
Mommy to Mason 7/8/01 and Aidan 5/4/05

dugan
12-12-2006, 10:34 PM
I'd try either Craigslist or Strollerswap.

Katie