PDA

View Full Version : Need double stroller direction!

amydiara
12-11-2006, 03:01 PM
When I had my first child in late 2003, I was an expert in strollers (and bought four!), now Im pathetically out of date. Im expecting Baby #2 this summer and I need some advice from those of you who are *currently* experts!

When baby 2 comes, DS will be 3.5. So we wont need a stroller for the car, mall or errands etc (he hasnt used a travel stroller himself since he was 1 anyway- hes a walker, much to my detriment). However, we do go on a 2 mile walk every night around the neighborhood and to the playground. Right now we have a Zooper Zydeco for that. I dont think even with DS being 3.5 he will be able to keep pace with our cardio walking, so I think I will have to get a double stroller. What does everyone else think? Do 3.5 year olds still go in strollers on long walks?

I dont want to spend a ton if possible since this will be short lived, but I want something I wont be cursing every night either. Also DS is very tall (wears a size 6 now and he is currently 2 years old) so anything that is known as bad for taller children wont work for us. Also, I'd like the side by side as a matter of preference.

So what are my options?!! ANY HELP APPRECIATED!!!