PDA

View Full Version : Did you need a double? Kids 2.5 years apart...

smilequeen
12-11-2006, 03:23 PM
DS hates to ride in the stroller, and we have too many as it is {7}.

Our second baby is due in July, when DS will be about 32 months old. I'm trying to decide if we will need a double or if I can sling the new baby if DS decides he wants to ride.

Did your kids have a renewed interest in riding when a new baby arrived? There are times when I just need him where I can keep him safe YK and I can't imagine chasing him down with a newborn too.

The main thing I'm thinking about is that I like to take DS for walks at a nature center and he WILL ride in our MBUS for that, so I'm thinking of an E3 or Jane PowerTwin.

Thanks for any input.

C99
12-11-2006, 11:11 PM
DS (then 27 mos) had renewed interest in riding in the stroller when DD was born. It didn't last long. I just sold my double after a year of scant use, because I'd often push the thing w/ no kids in it. I'm getting an e3. When DD was smaller, I'd put her in the sling and DS would either walk or go in the stroller. Now that they are both walking, I usually bring one stroller and they take turns riding in it (DD usually does not want to ride until I've already offered it to her and let DS sit in it...then she wants to ride!).

CiderLogan
12-16-2006, 02:29 PM
Congratulations on your pregnancy!

Mine are 2 yrs., 9 mos. apart, and before DD2 was born, DD1 had about zero interest in riding in a stroller. Now, she loves her sister and always *says* she wants to ride in the double with her, but it rarely lasts beyond 20 minutes or so (I think it takes her that long to remember that she doesn't really like riding in a stroller). We have a hand-me-down Graco front-and-back style double (that DH and I hate to push - it's so hard to maneuver) and a double Chariot bike trailer with stroller wheel attachment. We use the Chariot for walks in the neighborhood, but we never use the Graco. Usually I just take our Mac or Chicco Cortina for DD2 and let DD1 walk (or occasionally I sling DD2 and push DD1, but, as I said, she usually changes her mind pretty quickly!).

OK, I totally rambled, but I hope that helps a bit. How about buying a used double (or borrowing one for a while from and friend) and seeing how he takes to it?

Jenny
Julia, 8/03
Clara, 5/06