PDA

View Full Version : Need some advice about shopping with a 2 and 5 year old!

mabun3
12-11-2006, 08:19 PM
Went to the mall with them by myself and it was a disaster. We were going to get one of those mall "cars" for a stroller but the place had none left. we are going to be doing some traveling by car and will need something for both of them to ride in. Since my oldest is 5 what do you thing would be the most useful--stroller (was thinking the MBUD but cringe at the price), a wagon for two (can 5 years fit well in these?) or the sit and stand??? Any advice/thoughts???

Thanks michele

C99
12-11-2006, 11:04 PM
Depending on the size of your 5-y/o, s/he's probably too big for the sit n stand. Do you think s/he'd sit in the MBUD after the novelty wore off? My almost 4-y/o won't sit in the stroller generally speaking. I ran into a friend of mine at the mall last weekend - she was pushing an MBUS, her 3.5-y/o was walking and her husband was carrying her 18-m/o on his shoulders. That was the story of my life with a double.

I'd go for the wagon. :)

ShanaMama
12-12-2006, 01:44 AM
I'm not too experienced in these, but I've seen lot's of mention of buggy boards lately. I think a model came out that allows the older child to sit on. Would your 5 yo like riding the buggy board behind the stroller?

Joolsplus2
12-12-2006, 08:45 AM
An Inglesina Zippy or Peg Perego P3 has a riding footboard on the back for big kids... or yeah, Buggy Boards are pretty good (I found my little kid was more adventurous than my big kid, and she would happily ride on the buggy board while my big kid rode in the stroller)
Or the Swiss Strolli-Rider is pretty cool.
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

mabun3
12-12-2006, 12:25 PM
I am going to check out the swiss strolli and the buggy boards.
Thanks for the suggestions and advice.

Michele

cstack
12-12-2006, 02:19 PM
My oldest DCs were 2.5 years apart and when we went somewhere where the oldest wouldn't ba able to walk the whole time because of distance, I used a wagon. The one downfall to this is it's not as comfy to pull as it is to push and they're behind you, so harder to keep an eye on them. I think there is a wagon now with an attachment for pushing, shich might solve this problem.

jenfed1
12-12-2006, 07:55 PM
I have an average sized 5 1/2 year old and she still fits with plenty of room in the sit n stand. We've had it for 1 1/2 years and it's saved my life on many occasions. Most of the time she likes to walk, so it mostly serves as a place to put my bags...but when she is tired, it really comes in handy. Target had them for $119 last I saw, which is a steal for any stroller, let alone one that carries 2 kids!

dscollier3
12-13-2006, 02:49 AM
I have a 2yo and 5yo as well and if I'm going to be out for a few hours with both of them I use a stroller with a buggy board attached. The board on the P3 is handy for a quick trip, but for a longer period of time it's not large enough for my 5yo really. He loves the Bugaboo board on the Cameleon, but also the 3G Buggy Board that we can attach to many other strollers. We have a Baby Jogger double, but the only time we use it is when we're going to be out all day and into the evening with both kids. In that case, my 5yo rides, but not usually for a few hours at the mall.

HTH, Sharon